2007 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
2007 Jeep JK Wrangler Rescue Green
By skenjr on 08/15/12 13:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 07 Jeep JK Wrangler new. It came with a soft top. After 5 years and 105k miles, I've had relatively few problems. Overall, I've been very pleased. It's fun to drive, still looks great, & holds it's value. My few issues are summarized below: 1.) The highway noise is extreme. To the point, that I can't talk to people in the jeep with me. It's a soft top, so I guess that's expected, and I don't drive on the highway that often. 2.) The soft top leaked above the driver's side door. I took it in and the dealer fixed it. They said the plastic harness warps in the Missouri extreme weather...so they replaced it. 3.) At 100k, it's starting to burn oil. No smoke, no leak.

High Oil Consumption
By trixie8 on 02/04/12 07:00 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Good car, very poor build quality and Chrysler will not stand behind fixing engine issues.

almost a home run
By tangoromeo on 12/31/10 05:48 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

With only minor improvements (2 1/2" lift kit, 33" tires, and a 10,000 lb winch), I have used and abused this Jeep for everything I could imagine doing in a vehicle. It's pulled tree stumps, dragged an F350 out of the mud, driven through flooded areas and snow, and it never quits on me.

Don't make 'em like they used to
By Corben on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Cheap. Everything about the new JK Jeep screams cheap. As a previous owner of 2 TJs (1999 and 2004 models), here's a list of things that bugged the hell out of me on the 2007 JK model. -Neither front seat flips up. The 1999 model, both seats rocked forward to allow easier access to the rear seat. The 2004 model, only the front passenger seat did so. The 2007, neither did making it extremely difficult to get into the back seat. -Rear window on soft top attaches with plastic clips which work poorly. The TJ models had the clips manufactured into part of the body. -Cheap feel to the whole vehicle. 2" speakers jut out of the dash - tacky. -Bumpers look cheap, crumple under a small rub.

3rd Wrangler
By Dzurinko on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd Wrangler. My first 2 wranglers had the 4.0 in them. I think the 3.8 has a little more pep and the MPG seem a little better than my other jeeps(17 vs 19-21). The 4.0 seemed better on the low rpm end. Also, I can't hear the 3.8L so it's not as easy to shift smoothly. Not sure why they went from the bulletproof 4.0 to a motor that performs marginally better, if at all... My only other complaint is why not put some BF Goodie All Terrains on out of the factory. The Goodyears are pitiful. They have worked so hard to put out a rugged vehicle, but then put street tires on it. It won't be our last Jeep Wrangler. Lots of reviews on here from multiple wrangler owners. :)

3rd and counting
By TT on 04/30/10 03:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd Wrangler, '97 & '05 unlimited, before this one. I have had NO problems with this or any of the others. I see a lot of people talking about a 'death wobble' I have never in the 2 before or in this one had anything like that and I have taken many road trips that were well over 500 miles one way in my Jeeps.

simple and fun
By ron on 01/31/10 05:10 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my Jeep used about a month ago and I would have to say that it has been fun to drive around; everywhere i go other people with jeeps are always waving at me. That being said there are a couple things that they could change. The shifter needs to be 3"-4" longer and i have the half doors with zip up windows and it stinks when you are on the tollway and have to pay a toll. they should have an option of upper sliding windows from the factory. You can't even find them in the aftermarket. The paint isn't that great, already starting to show some rust on the exposed bolts and door hinges; but thats to be expected.It also needs better speakers. All in all it is what it is; its a Jeep.

07 Wrangler X
By JTM in TN on 01/27/10 13:03 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Love the Wrangler. It has been very reliable and fun to drive. It is LOUD on the interstate, but that is not what it was designed for. Top is down and doors are off as much as possible during warm weather. It could, however, use more horsepower. Almost dangerously underpowered at times.

JEEP IS MY LIFE
By ABUHAMAD on 12/24/09 05:54 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second jeep Wrangler in my life, Its noisy on long trips but even though i drive it every where and all the time. and no plan of having any other 4X4 except this. It looks more great when the hard top is off, gives u the feeling that ur the Hero and that nobody else enjoy the weather like u do. Its powerful and gives u everything that u need in off roads.

Its a Jeep Thing...
By Paddy's on 11/12/09 14:50 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

All in all, a great vehicle which is very fun in the summer sun and great in winter snow. Minor complaints include leaky driver-side door (which I've heard from almost every other Wrangler owner), extremely difficult entrance/exit of backseat (I took my backseat out b/c it was pretty much inaccessible),and rough ride. Those things aside, I would recommend it to others.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.