Rubicon for the family
By YellowRubi on
2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)
This is my 5th Jeep, 3rd Wrangler, and 2nd Rubicon. The Rubicon is such a great off-road and fun vacation vehicle that my family selected to upgrade for the space in this Unlimited model. The decrease in MPG in this model was disappointing (23mpg down to 18) however, the extra space has paid off for the 2 kids and dog. My wife loves it so much she took the Jeep 101 course through the dealer and local Jeep Club and now she loves it even more. She became familiar with "lockers". My 8 year old daughter plans to own this Jeep when she reaches 16. I can't blame her. Great Jeep. Great off road. Great for PA winters and traveling the mountains during hunting season. This Jeep is a keeper.
Favorite Features
The styling is exceptional. We purchased the '06 since we didn't want the '07 body style. Off-roading is a MUST for this vehicle to truly appreciate this Jeep. Favorite feature = it's a convertible. Add the great stereo and your family is set for fun in the sun. Safety in bad weather is a given.
Suggested Improvements
Better MPG. I understand it is an off-road vehicle but the technology is out there...use it. Seats are low and "blocks" make a huge difference and are highly recommended. Too late to keep the styling original but this can only make these Rubicon Unlimited models more desired by off-roaders.