jeep just empty each pocket
By stoneshihtzu on
2006 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)
i bought my 2006 rhd wrangler 4x4, thinking it was a smart decision. thought it would be a great investment. durability & dependability. was going to be the perfect choice for a mail carrier vehicle. in 6,000 miles i have replaced ac/heater switch twice, towed once cause gear shifter cable broke. ran hot on me regularly. transmission fell out before i put 6,000 miles on it. if you purchase a jeep you better have a great warranty because believe me, you will need it. it was just out of factory warranty when i bought it at 73,000 miles and it has been one expense after another. everyone on these reviews sound like it is so great. like to hear if they still feel that way after 80,000 miles.
Favorite Features
liked the height of the vehicle and turning around ability. good looking vehicle, eye catcher. liked the right hand drive for my job. was great when ran right. felt like i could go anywhere with it and wasn't afraid if weather was bad are roads were bad.
Suggested Improvements
jeep needs to stand behind their products better than they did on this model. they should at least give a 100,000 mile on power train. interior is so cheap made. could improve material quality. should make extended warranties available for their rhd jeeps. jeep wont even cover a rhd jeep used to deliver mail. that's a big joke seeing how they are designed for mail carriers. buy new and trade before warranty runs out. seems like the rubicon and extended jeeps are much better, even the 4 cyl. sounds like it is a better quality and performance than most of the owners of the rhd jeeps i've read of. could have lost my job owning this vehicle, thank god i kept my buicks for back up!!!!