2006 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: One Great Jeep

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Review

One Great Jeep
By Jeep Vet on

2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Having owned CJ5s and Scramblers in the past I am well pleased with this Jeep. I don't understand the previous reviews complaining about room, MPG etc. This is an off road vehicle, not a cruiser/SUV. It is very comfortable compared to the previous Jeeps I have owned and has almost every feature you could ask for. I live in East TN close to Windrock Mountain and Tellico. Although not great in the mud in its stock form (you need a lift & bigger tires to do any serious mudding), it will climb a brick wall. Snow and bad weather are no sweat for this thing. For years I would not buy a Jeep because I thought they were not as tough as the older models. This may still be true, but I am well pleased.

Locking differentials, 4:1 transfer Case, 6 speed tranny, DANA 44s, factory tires are pretty aggressive, 4.0 litre straight 6 is a torque monster. Extra room is great now that I have kids.

6th gear could be taller for highway use, but what do you expect from a vehicle that pulls like a tractor. Clutch could be sealed better. In deep mud do not shift gears. Mud will get between the clutch and pressure plate and grind it away. This is not covered by the extended warranty. TRUST ME.