2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Amazing
By Francine on 02/16/06 20:58 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great vehicle. Amazing in all weather. Does whatever you ask it to. Indestructible to anything.

Very Happy
By JJ on 02/13/06 15:27 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Rides much smoother than anticipated. I drive mostly on the highway and it's averaging 23-24mpg. The versatility of the vehicle, the styling, and the history of Jeep has made me a fan.

good
By EJ on 02/05/06 17:47 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fun, great driving vehicle. Fun on the weekends, and it will catch looks from people passing.

Jeep Unlimited
By Ty on 01/19/06 18:56 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The brand new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited is wayy better driving than the shorter Wrangler. The Unlimited's longer wheel-base provides a more stable drive and more comfort. A slightly larger interior gives people more space to do whatever, and everything locks when the top is down. This vehicle is only made as a secondary car, not a primary mode of transportation. It is a whole lotta fun to drive, but a hardtop is a must for the winter!

'06 Jeep Unlimited Wrangler
By wildbill on 01/14/06 12:17 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a very fun vehicle to drive and own. Lot smoother ride than the '95 wrangler I used to own. It rides as smooth as my wifeís Nissan murano. No problems yet. I have 3,200 miles and am looking forward to getting a hitch since the towing capacity has been increased from 1,500 lbs. to 3,000 lbs. thanks to the added length and an extra crossmember in the frame. Iíll now be able to tow my tent trailer with no problem.

Kool-Aid Smile Every Time I Drive It
By mmush on 01/06/06 23:10 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My first vehicle was a '91 Wrangler and I loved it. After all these years I bought another Wrangler and I'm home. I haven't stopped smiling since I bought it. I forgot how fun a Wrangler is to drive.

Awesome tough trucklet :)!
By kyle D on 11/25/05 19:54 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is an awesome truck!! I love getting in it everyday. Our family has a lot of cars in it - S65, LR3, H2, and the Unlimited! The Jeep would have to win the fun-to-drive factor ... and its a good price too! Our sticker was $29,275 and we got it for $23,980. The automatic transmission shifts perfectly, it absorbs road imperfections awesomely, it's very peppy, and it handles corners like, amazingly. I would seriously recommend this for someone who would want a convertible, but needs an SUV. This is our second Wrangler and we're proud owners :).

The ONE and only...Jeep
By Steven on 11/17/05 00:21 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

In the past 25 years I have driven a lot of different makes and models of other brands of cars, but I have always owned a Jeep Wrangler as my second car. The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited seems to continue with the tradition of past Jeeps of being reliable and dependable when other cars seems to fail. The longer wheelbase of the Unlimited makes for a smoother ride and the leg room in the back seat has increased, making it easier for the people riding in the back. The acceleration and handling of the Unlimited continues to impress me by its quick response in and out of traffic. The fact that the Jeep is sweet and simple to operate and drive makes it one of the many reasons the Jeep tradition lives on!

X Automatic
By GaryB on 11/16/05 20:40 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my Wrangler X for delivery in Japan where I live. I've had it for about two weeks and am having a blast driving it. Don't really like the 12mpg I'm getting around town with the price of gas what it is; expected more from EFI 6 (my AT may have minimal effect on that). Not used to steering wander but I found that on Range Rover so must be ok. Can't wait for my first off-road. Luxury car drivers won't like this at all! But they won't buy one either. Can't wait for top/doors off weather!

Future Problems?
By postalgal on 11/02/05 19:19 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased the RHD Sport Postal Jeep with high hopes for a quality ride that could take the abuse I can dish out on a daily basis (all you mail folks know what I mean). Anyway, the engine was making noise from the day I picked it up. It sounded like the valves, but just couldn't imagine how a new Jeep could have that kind of problem, but that's what it was! Dealer had to replace valve lifters at 2300 miles. I also am noticing a loud thunking noise and it feels like it is right under my feet. I hope this isn't an indication of how this vehicle is going to hold up. Maybe I should have bought the extended warranty.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.