2006 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
An Excellent Compromise
By Daniel on 04/29/06 07:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased my Wrangler SE new this past January, just before gas prices began to soar. Have I regretted it? Not at all! With each tank of gas the 4-cylinder/6-speed drivetrain continues to get better mileage. My last tank of gas indicated 24.6 mpg combined city/highway driving.(25.5 highest/21.5 lowest since owning it). The key to these numbers is driving habits - keep the rpms down. The Jeep is a great compromise vehicle that won't do any one thing great, but can do everything pretty dang well (hauling 4 adults, towing trailers, off-road and snow capabilities, convertible option, etc.) It's the genuine utility vehicle that gives me a sense of confidence in its abilities when I drive it.

Jeep Sport
By charley on 04/12/06 17:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The Jeep has good power with the 6 speed, miles per gal 18 with a K&N filter system. First is very low, get the 6 cylinder for power. You will like this.

Unlimited Rubicon
By Izrac on 04/10/06 00:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I special ordered the Unlimited Rubicon with the hardtop and a 6-speed manual transmission after driving a Wrangler Sport with a soft top and automatic in Hawaii. It has a tremendous amount of power and gets me where I want to go. It handles very well for a Jeep. It had a few minor paint problems. But other than that it is an excellent vehicle.

MY WRANGLER
By DOUG on 04/09/06 20:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The Jeep Wrangler 2006 with the new six speed is great on gas and has great pick up. This sporty suv is perfect for my bad weather commute from the suburbs of Long Island. It's fun to drive and easy on your kidneys with its 4 wheel independent suspension (coil springs instead of leafs) and 30 inch tires. The sound system is awesome and six compact disk changer is easy to operate and skip proof for uninterrupted listing pleasure. It's so much fun to drive when I get to work I want to keep on going. I am a 49 year old farther of two but when I get behind the wheel of my Jeep I feel like the kid.

A new Jeep w/ 430 miles and a bad motor
By Sam Pinheiro on 04/07/06 13:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Looks great. Had it for one week and the motor started ticking. Dealership found metal shavings in the oil, so far this is day 3 without my brand new Jeep. Don't know when I will get it back. Rides well, nice interior.

Better than regular Jeeps.
By Brett on 04/04/06 17:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fun to drive. Bigger and better cargo area. Six speed manual is a little hard to get used to. Rides better than regular sport package. Lousy gas mileage and small tank, but I don't drive that much so it's not that bad.

Lifters at 1500 miles
By Mike D on 03/28/06 13:30 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned Jeeps all my life. I had to give up my beefed up Wrangler in 95. And have had family friendly vehicles ever since. This year as my kids got older I decided to go back to the basics. I wanted an 06 Wrangler with zero miles that I could build from scratch. It has been one month to the day and I am in a rental car all week because my Jeep is in the shop with bad lifters. I also have a dead spot as soon as I shift into third gear. I forgot how owning a Jeep meant fixing aJeep... I just did not plan on it in the first 30 days. I LOVE the Jeep. But I am bitterly disappointed with my purchase. I hope things go uphill from here

Too Late The Hero
By Dave Redler on 03/27/06 20:42 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I always wanted a Jeep Wrangler model; you know, topless summer fun. I remember test driving the then new Rubicon Model but it was too rough riding. I waited for the Unlimited version and finally bought the top-of-the-line model; the best of everything (all options & the automatic trannny). It's cutsie and all, but I guess the crux of the story is that wanting is often times more pleasurable than having. I'm having a hard time readjusting from a full-size pickup to the small, narrow, cramped & difficult time getting in & out & the long drives. DC did a good job on the build-quality, very quiet & smooth riding but for you ol' timers getting long-in-the-tooth you may rethink it.

A Jeep Convert
By Jeep Happy on 03/24/06 13:03 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

A great city car. The high stance and small size make it a great car for getting around New York City area. Its small size makes it very easy to park and maneuver in crowded areas. You are also relatively high - you can see around corners and over parked cars. My Jeep is a blast to drive. When I go upstate, the car handles great in the snow, doesn't fear puddles, and is sure-footed on steep hills. With off-road tires, gas mileage is poor and it is not the best choice for long road trips - but that's not really the focus of the car. I only started off-roading after I bought my Jeep, and I am very happy that it gave me a new hobby.

Lots of fun!
By Pete on 02/28/06 13:00 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This Jeep is a lot of fun. The longer wheelbase gives more room and better handling. The 4x4 performance has been great, better than I expected.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.