2006 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Nothing else will do.
By 0IIIIIII0 on 08/21/06 11:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my 1994 Wrangler for a 2006 Rubicon. I was [just] looking at both the FJ Cruiser and the Hummer(s) but, I have to be faithful to the Jeep line. In owning a Jeep the last 10 years, I wanted to keep with a legacy. Plus, it IS the Jeep thing! Plus, best of all, I know the engine and it is easy to work with after working on my '94 4.0 these past years!

JEEP STILL #1 4X4
By sjustice64 on 08/20/06 19:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first car was a 76 CJ5, but I ended up flipping it and blowing the engine. Ten years later, I still drooled at every Jeep, so I finally went out and bought one. I never regret it! Added a 4" lift with 33" tires with a winch and I can go ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE!

Surprisingly capable
By Tom on 07/30/06 22:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bought this new and drove it 200 miles down the front range and then across the San Luis Valley of CO. Next day took it mountain climbing in the San Juans. I call that a break-in! The 4-banger has plenty of oomph for the highways and the passes, and seems to be getting decent mileage (although it's too new to really judge). The six-speed tranny combined with lo-range will have you creeping over the rough stuff at less than walking speed, or stirring the gears on the road like you're in a top-down sports car. Only in a Jeep! Comfy seats, good looking all-around, and a steal at the employee price. Affordable, practical, capable, and fun transportation.

One Great Jeep
By Jeep Vet on 07/22/06 04:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Having owned CJ5s and Scramblers in the past I am well pleased with this Jeep. I don't understand the previous reviews complaining about room, MPG etc. This is an off road vehicle, not a cruiser/SUV. It is very comfortable compared to the previous Jeeps I have owned and has almost every feature you could ask for. I live in East TN close to Windrock Mountain and Tellico. Although not great in the mud in its stock form (you need a lift & bigger tires to do any serious mudding), it will climb a brick wall. Snow and bad weather are no sweat for this thing. For years I would not buy a Jeep because I thought they were not as tough as the older models. This may still be true, but I am well pleased.

Rubicon Fanatic
By Mike on 07/21/06 20:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I took the giant leap from a 2000 Toyota Camry to a 2006 Rubicon, and even though the gas mileage is a major difference the Jeep is a much better choice. I always hated the phrase,"Its a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand." That was until I bought one. I have never had so much fun owning and driving a car as I have this Jeep, if you don't own one you don't understand and if you do own one you can't explain it.

Awesome
By jarrod on 07/19/06 22:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very fun to drive, not very good gas mileage but if you are buying a Jeep you probably do not care about gas anyway. Having both tops is great!

It's a Jeep thing
By Lynn on 07/19/06 18:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I grew up with Jeeps and I have always wanted a new Wrangler. So after many years of saving, I purchased an 06. I love it! The gas mileage could be better. But, HEY! I knew that buying it. Just so much I want to do to it, not enough time, well money LOL. I completely hate the 2007's. I wanted a 4X4 plus convertible. Wrangler is the only one that offers it. My old CJ-7 has 245K miles. I am so confident that this will beat the miles on my old one. I love it!

Its a Jeep!
By moneyshot on 07/17/06 20:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased a brand new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon for my wife. She loves it and so do I. This thing is incredible in the off road department. It is virtually unstoppable. On the road, it is very nice. I will not be an idiot and compare this vehicle to a Cadillac, or expect this thing to get 100 miles to the gallon, and perform like a Ferrari while doing it. That is not what this vehicle is about. I will say this. The styling of this vehicle is great. The simply stated "RUBICON" words on each side of the hood let people know it isn't a regular 4x4.

2006 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
By Mark on 07/04/06 20:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Wrangler and so far has been a real fun vehicle to own. I bought it with all available options and upgrades including automatic transmission. The ride is a bit stiff and you feel all the bumps in the road but rides good on smooth roads, better than my pickup. Acceleration is good and maneuvers well. The hard top makes it a quiet ride which I will use more than the soft top. Shoulder room felt a bit close at first but have gotten use to it.

Definably a good buy!
By Rob on 06/01/06 15:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Jeep. It is also the cheapest vehicle to insure, including 16 year old male drivers. I spent countless hours researching insurance and the Wrangler is the anomaly of the insurance world. The newer the Wrangler the cheaper it is to ensure! Fuel economy is not great but I have installed a cold air intake that increases gas mileage. It is a fun car and I would never trade my Wrangler for anything else.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.