2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Awesome
By Dan on 11/07/06 05:12 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is my 5th Wrangler. 1997, 2000, 2004 and a 2006 were all new. I also had a 1995 used. You can no way beat a Wrangler in the snow or off road. The gas mileage has a bit to be desired but it's worth it for the fun you have. The 95, 97, 00, all had a 2.5 liter 4 cylinders. great 4 cylinders. The 04 had a 2.4 liter, and I had to downshift on every little slope. The 2.4 lacks a lot compared to the 2.5. My 06, which I bought a week ago. is a 4.0 liter and just screams. It wants to go. The 6 speed tranny is great also. No downshifting anymore. I'd recommend a Wrangler to everyone.

Finally The Car I Allways Wanted
By paulkk on 11/04/06 01:25 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first jeep...long time coming but I have had a burning desire to own one since my junior year in high school (98). It's everything I hoped for and more, every time I drive it I love something new about it. If you don't have one, get one...you will be grinning like the village idiot after running over the most treacherous potholes and banked driveways that would bottom out a regular car's undercarriage.

Love It!
By Dawn on 10/27/06 02:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely Love my Jeep. It's fun to drive and very versatile. I bought the soft top version and enjoy the topless summers. It is an all around great vehicle. I'm big on camping and road trips and my Jeep truly takes me everywhere.

BlakeE 2006 Jeep Unlimited Review
By BlakeE on 10/02/06 15:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I spent 4 months last year researching the 2006 Jeep Wrangler after I noticed the Wranglers at the 2005 Oklahoma State Fair in Oklahoma City. First I wanted to know about each model from the Sport, X, SE, Rubicon, Unlimited and the Rubicon Unlimited. I found that the Silver Wrangler Unlimited with the 25H package was the one for me. After I drove it home, it took a week to finally hit me that I own a 2006 Jeep Wrangler and it felt good about the purchase. Then that same week it snowed and ice was all over the place. I drove it to work about 16 miles and it handled great and didn't slip once on the ice. It handles great on and off the road. The Unlimited rides smooth on the highway with no noise.

It's a Jeep thing
By wr pug on 10/02/06 14:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have wanted a Jeep for many years. I finally gave in and purchased one --- and it is a real kick to drive. I really have only one complaint, as most Jeep owners note and that's the Jeep MPG. I get 20 overall but the Jeep is not a small square box that gets outrageous mileage. I would take my Jeep any day over that plain square box that we see zipping around these days. The bottom line is thats it's really is a Jeep thing and non-Jeep owners don't know what they are missing out on.

The green Jeep
By Geologist Ken on 09/22/06 15:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Jeep and not my last. I have owned 4x4 trucks in the past, but this Jeep is the best. It is very capable off road and my mom who is 82, really likes to be seen in it too. Mpg is good, in the 20 per gallon range with the 6 cylinder under the hood.

It's a Jeep thing...you wouldn't understand.
By LandersMJ on 09/03/06 14:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

First off, this is the best off-road vehicle out there. I love my Jeep, but I did have some quality issues when I first received it. Paint quality is poor, and had to take it back to dealer to get several spots re-painted. New seats since 2003 are large, awkward, too low, and difficult to see around. I had to buy seat risers to be able to see correctly over the hood (and I'm 6'1"). The transmission is 18 wheeler like, not smooth at all. Aside from all that, this is my third and best Wrangler by far. Lockers and transfer case are great. Jeep needs to up their quality control, but still make a good product overall.

Golden Eagle
By Rains on 09/03/06 10:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just recently purchased a 2006 Golden Eagle. The Jeep has much less road noise than older Jeeps I have driven. It handles well on the highway and having both hard and soft tops is a plus. I get approximately 16.5 MPG. I have not had the chance to take the Jeep off road but have a trip planned in the middle of this month.

2005 Jeep Wrangler X model
By Nick on 09/02/06 09:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great little vehicle, fun too. Not the smoothest ride but I knew that before I bought it. I get about 16-18 MPG, not the best in the world for a 6 cylinder, but not too bad either.

Love my Wrangler!
By 06Red Wrangler on 08/21/06 12:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

27 years ago, when I was 16, I wanted a Wrangler. But, my dad said "No, they're not for an inexperienced driver, they roll too easy." So, 27 years later, I have my Wrangler! 2006 Red Wrangler X, 6 speed. I smile every time I get behind the wheel, it's so much fun to drive. I love dropping the top and cruising around in the sun. So far, no problems whatsoever. Gas mileage is better then I expected. I traded in a 2004 Jeep Liberty, that at best, got 16 MPG. The Wrangler is averaging 18.6 running around town unless I use the A/C, then it drops to 16.5. Not bad, should get better, it's not even broken in yet with 1900 miles on it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.