Used 2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Love this Jeep
By pjb1966

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is the coolest vehicle and lots of fun! I wish It had come with a few other options like a console and steps and "cruise-control" other than that I love it!! its a nice quiet smooth ride the only downside is the "gas" mileage is not so good!! other than that you"ll be VERY HAPPY!

Favorite Features

4WD for snow driving, soft top for summer and u can drive over curves with it. Radio is okay should upgrade to better speakers but nice. Not good for Florida cut the back heats up and a/c doesn't reach very well

Suggested Improvements

Better a/c and cruise control for 6speed and should come with steps needs better speakers for highway bigger standard tire size would be nice too. Maybe a car starter package for 6speed so u can cool off cuz of soft top get hot inside. Better standard seating too is needed, better mats/flares

100% fun
By Chuck Leo

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My TJ is probably the most fun vehicle I've ever owned with 4 wheels. With the 4.0L and 6 speed its got plenty of power and easy to handle. With all the after market parts available it was easy to make it a one of a kind "me" jeep. Its built tough enough to take me anywhere. The best part is really how the vehicle makes me feel when I drive it.

Favorite Features

six speed and soft top, and 1/2 doors

Suggested Improvements

radio really should have (AVC) auto volume control

It's a Jeep Thing
By Doug

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first new Jeep. I owned 2 used ones previously. I love it. We needed a new vehicle and I held out for the Jeep. Very happy I did. I like its build quality and simplicity. Just got around to installing the soft top and am wondering why I waited so long! Much better than the older ones, at least to me. Sunridre feature is cool. I am 51 and this is my "toy". My wife and I plan to get out into the Jersey Pine Barrens (once my daughter gets her license and we have the time.) Just wish I had the manual transmission, but the auto is ok.

Favorite Features

Sunrider top, 4WD, turning radius, low maintenance.

Suggested Improvements

fuel mileage. Should have a 4-speed AT plus OD, not a 3-speed.

What I really needed
By Funinthesun

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This jeep is a ton of fun. I have wanted another jeep since having a 69 jeep cherokee back when I was young (er). This car is basic, rugged and a joy to ride. Here I was thinking my wife would hate the stiff ride - but she wants to travel everywhere in our little jeep. The extended wheel base sure adds to the ride on long trips.

Favorite Features

Being a part of the jeep community on our little island in Florida

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage

Mileage not that bad
By djd2engr

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My wife bought me the 65th Year Anniversary Edition Jeep for my 50th birthday. It's been great fun to drive. The ride is better than I expected and the sunrider top is super!! We drove from Maine to Florida and were pleasantly surprised at how well it drove on the highway. We also travel to Boston frequently and I average over 21 mpg when the cruise control is set @ 60mph. It is not the most practical vehicle we have ever owned but, it is the most fun. With the back seat folded down we have just enough room for our 2 Golden Retrievers.

Favorite Features

Sunrider Top, No nonsense instruments, Rugged build

Suggested Improvements

Different gear ratio for improved mileage