2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Poor mileage
By Afficiendo on 10/07/07 15:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The Wrangler is in a class all by itself. It's fun to drive, iconic, easy to maneuver and has the perfect blend of technology with simplicity. You will never know how much all that technology is really unnecessary and annoying until you have owned a Wrangler. Nonetheless, my Wrangler gets terrible gas mileage.

It's definitely a Jeep thing!
By Terminator on 09/28/07 09:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this Jeep. It is amazing what it can do off road. One of my favorite things to do is ride with the top down and the doors off. I have been impressed with how reliable this vehicle has been. I have had better service with this Jeep than I have had with my high end imports. I now have 20k on it and it's still going with no issues.

Great Vehicle
By Anthony on 05/27/07 07:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great vehicle and it rides better than the short wheel base version. I have already driven it from the east coast out to Kansas City. It works great in the mountains or on the coast. I did have a leaking door seal that took a while for the dealership to figure what was leaking and from where, but once they found it they fixed it very quickly.

Off-road king
By jeeper on 05/22/07 18:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my Unlimited Rubicon for almost a year and love it! I am a hard-core off-roader and I find the Unlimited the perfect compromise for someone with a child and a need to drive to work 5 days a week. The lockers in the Rubi take me everywhere, and the extra cargo space hold all my gear. I'm a Jeeper and added a small lift and bigger tires after a few months. Getting stuck is a thing of the past. I've put this thing up the side of mountains in the National Forest in 1.5 feet of snow and over rocks the size of cars. It isn't the most refined, quite, or comfortable, it's a Jeep

Winter Driving Must Have a Jeep
By DAC on 02/19/07 20:21 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

We are just finishing clean up after the storm that closed I-78 and schools for days. This Rubicon Unlimited just paid for itself. It drove us safely through and over the ice covered snow on roads that were a nightmare. The 4 wheel high was enough...no need for low gear or the lockers. We were able to go to work, help neighbors, and keep going when the rest of the area was shut down. This jeep just proved why we need one. It provided safety and security in bad weather to equal the fun and enjoyment in good weather. Now when people ask why we need an SUV, we simply refer to the storm of 2007...enough said.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By YellowRubi on 02/15/07 20:12 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This Unlimited Rubicon is so much fun to drive. It looks very sharp and it looks much better than the new '07' design. The best thing about this Jeep is it is a convertible. The soft top is super for the beach and summer driving. The hard top is best for winter. I took the Jeep 101 course offered through the dealership and it really showed me what my Jeep was capable of doing off-road. I feel very safe in this Jeep...much safer than in the standard wheel base model. The longer wheelbase "feels" safer on the highway and provides a better ride.

Good Plain Fun
By chunter on 01/03/07 15:34 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's just fun to have. My midlife crisis toy.

Rubicon for the family
By YellowRubi on 12/31/06 16:41 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 5th Jeep, 3rd Wrangler, and 2nd Rubicon. The Rubicon is such a great off-road and fun vacation vehicle that my family selected to upgrade for the space in this Unlimited model. The decrease in MPG in this model was disappointing (23mpg down to 18) however, the extra space has paid off for the 2 kids and dog. My wife loves it so much she took the Jeep 101 course through the dealer and local Jeep Club and now she loves it even more. She became familiar with "lockers". My 8 year old daughter plans to own this Jeep when she reaches 16. I can't blame her. Great Jeep. Great off road. Great for PA winters and traveling the mountains during hunting season. This Jeep is a keeper.

why does it continually leak water
By steve on 12/17/06 15:34 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the vehicle in August of '06 and now, in December, it has already been in the shop 4 times for a total of 32 days. Before I had purchased this vehicle I had wanted to own one for years. Now all I want to do is get rid of the headache. It's still not fixed and it does not seem that it ever will be. The dealership wants to keep trying to "fix" the issue, but it's never going to be done properly.

First time Jeep owner
By R. Tilghman on 11/12/06 08:11 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in a 1992 Mercedes 300SL for a 2006 Rubicon. I've driven SL class MB for 20 years. My friends were shocked. The bottom line is I love the Rubicon and have no regrets on the trade. The simplicity of the design and excellent build quality are great. Mileage is only about 16.5 mpg. The highway ride is surprising compliant considering the offroad capabilities. Maneuverability in tight areas is outstanding. The fun factor is +10. The Rubicon has already proved to be a versatile work horse at our farm. Aftermarket parts support is amazing and one of the reason I selected a Jeep. "It's a Jeep thing" has real meaning to me now.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.