Used 2006 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Jeep Wrangler- the most fun on 4 wheels!
By Scott Mann

2006 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

First Jeep. Love it. It can go anywhere and I can enjoy it topless or top up. Can carry, tow, whatever. Don't have to worry about it like i have had to do with my other convertibles and sports cars. Resale is predicted to be strong. Relative to other cars i've been buying the recent years, the fun-to-dollar ratio is very high! I'm so glad that finally after many years of wanting one, I finally got one and have not been disappointed. Seating comfort is excellent (and i have had back surgery and have bone spurs now). Ride quality far exceeds my expectation. And ease of use is high. I love the in-line six which is why i opted for used over new.

inline 6, manual transmission, seating comfort, essential, no-nonsense controls (manual windows, seats, etc.). I LIKE SIMPLE!!! Power and handling exceeds expectations.

head restraints for rear, which i think is on the new models. improved interior storage. Go back to inline 6 cylinder, Chrysler!!!

Jeep Fanatic!
By Meg

2006 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my jeep brand new in 07 and two years later I am still LOVING it! I run it on a mail route, and not only is the size perfect for that, but it is so sporty, that even when I am not working and when I clean it up...I get soooo many compliments on it! When my husband & I travel we are more likely to take the jeep instead of his 09 F- 350, we can whip it in and out of just about any where, and its just so much fun to drive! :)

CRUISE, & my hard top!! You couldn't pay me to have a soft top....tooo LOUD!

Better sound system...and better GAS MILEAGE!

06 Unlimited Rubi
By Jeep4fun

2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Incredibly capable; has never failed. Has allowed me to see lots of scenery unavailable to most people. Even on a long road trip it was more bearable than expected. The combination of reasonable road manners with unparalleled off-road ability works perfectly for me. Fuel economy is worse than imaginable.

Dual-top Removable doors 4-lo; Roc-Trac Overall fun to drive

Skid-plate for oil pan fuel economy

Fun car
By panamapete

2006 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first Wrangler. I have driven a lot of cars and trucks, but this vehicle is the most fun to drive of them all. I put my 2008 Infiniti FX in storage.

2006 wrangler unlimited, excellent ride
By Boston Jeep

2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up my second wrangler recently, a 2006 with 8k miles. The car had all of the option packages that were being dolled out with the end of production. For my car this included the painted flares, two tone seats, 6disc cd, with satellite radio, compass rear view, cruise, dual tops, 6 speed manual. So far this vehicle has been tremendously fun. I formerly had an 03 Sahara, and the unlimited corrects a ton of little issues I always had with that car. The extra wheelbase makes for a better highway ride, and the additional space is very nice. This will be our fun car for trips, and summer touring, as well as my commuter car. very happy with the purchase so far.

dual tops, flip fold seat, tight turning ratio

Diesel power!!!and MPG