2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Love this Jeep
By pjb1966 on 06/28/08 12:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is the coolest vehicle and lots of fun! I wish It had come with a few other options like a console and steps and "cruise-control" other than that I love it!! its a nice quiet smooth ride the only downside is the "gas" mileage is not so good!! other than that you"ll be VERY HAPPY!

100% fun
By Chuck Leo on 06/12/08 19:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My TJ is probably the most fun vehicle I've ever owned with 4 wheels. With the 4.0L and 6 speed its got plenty of power and easy to handle. With all the after market parts available it was easy to make it a one of a kind "me" jeep. Its built tough enough to take me anywhere. The best part is really how the vehicle makes me feel when I drive it.

It's a Jeep Thing
By Doug on 05/08/08 05:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first new Jeep. I owned 2 used ones previously. I love it. We needed a new vehicle and I held out for the Jeep. Very happy I did. I like its build quality and simplicity. Just got around to installing the soft top and am wondering why I waited so long! Much better than the older ones, at least to me. Sunridre feature is cool. I am 51 and this is my "toy". My wife and I plan to get out into the Jersey Pine Barrens (once my daughter gets her license and we have the time.) Just wish I had the manual transmission, but the auto is ok.

What I really needed
By Funinthesun on 04/23/08 19:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This jeep is a ton of fun. I have wanted another jeep since having a 69 jeep cherokee back when I was young (er). This car is basic, rugged and a joy to ride. Here I was thinking my wife would hate the stiff ride - but she wants to travel everywhere in our little jeep. The extended wheel base sure adds to the ride on long trips.

Mileage not that bad
By djd2engr on 04/06/08 12:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My wife bought me the 65th Year Anniversary Edition Jeep for my 50th birthday. It's been great fun to drive. The ride is better than I expected and the sunrider top is super!! We drove from Maine to Florida and were pleasantly surprised at how well it drove on the highway. We also travel to Boston frequently and I average over 21 mpg when the cruise control is set @ 60mph. It is not the most practical vehicle we have ever owned but, it is the most fun. With the back seat folded down we have just enough room for our 2 Golden Retrievers.

'06 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
By Nate H on 03/30/08 17:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great capability, fun to drive, sunrider top a nice feature when the weather is changing, geared really low (can start in 2nd gear), speaker quality could be improved.

It's the last purpose built SUV
By JeepJohn on 03/09/08 11:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

OK this is not a truck for someone who wants to eat a big mac/talk to there boss/change a shirt, as they drive 90mph thu heavy traffic. This is a base model Jeep that can be built up, or left alone and just feed the willing to go where the road does not. It's not a town car so yes it's a Jeep that lets you know there are bumps in the road. It has a I-6 so it's not the smoothest running engine out there. But it will get you from point A-B and back. High reliability. The 6-speed tranny is fun for around town. Driving down a highway, Keep you hands on the road and do not try to multi task. It's a off road built Jeep. It's not meant to go fast it's ment to take a beating. But in high traffic fun!

Amazing Vehicle
By WAjeeper on 01/06/08 12:49 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle is a tremendous amount of fun with the soft top and removable doors. Power is more than adequate for its size and weight. Extremely reliable; the only maintenance issues I have had in two and a half years are regular oil and filter changes every 3000 miles. Gas mileage is 15-17 mpg. Its a rough, loud ride, but its a Jeep not a Camry. Unstoppable off road. Cargo room and towing capacity are limited, but again you must realize what this vehicle is designed for and what it is not designed to do. Every vehicle has limitations and the Jeep is no exception. But it excels at what it was designed to do and I love it. I would buy another without hesitation.

Jeep Wranger
By cindy on 12/12/07 07:27 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have wanted a Jeep since 1978 and after my number 2 son hit my little focus (nice little car, escort was better) for the third time and it was time to get a new vehicle, so I did it, I got my Jeep. I love this vehicle it would not have been practical for me earlier in my life but I am so glad I have it now. I love going to the mountains in and its great on the beach. It's so fun to drive and I love the little Jeep wave. I can't wait to go to camp next summer!

It's a Jeep thing!
By Leonard on 10/29/07 17:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

There is nothing like a Jeep Wrangler. I live in Montana, and This is the perfect recreational vehicle! Nothing out preforms my Wrangler. It is built with the highest quality on the market.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.