Used 2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

The Death Wobble 2
By Sebagolakemoose

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

At about 20,000 I had the first wobble multiple times to the dealership and was told I made too many left turns and the air pressure was off. New tires tie rods alignment and other parts woble gone. 45,000 same thing new tires. 70000 miles wobble, on new tires parts and we are good again. 97,000 historic wobble on again not as bad as the first one though. Dealership has given us new reasons for the wobble every time from air pressure, to many left turns, tie rods, alignments, rotation, breaks, bad tires, etc always something to blame but the vehicle itself. Appears the passenger side tires wear fast? But it's a Jeep thing and I love my Jeep it needs less work then my 1973 or 1971 cj5s.

Favorite Features

Heat Music comfort Off road performance even stock Yes I would buy another one (I'm a sucker for punishment)

Suggested Improvements

Figure out the tire problem. Tires rated for 45,000 miles should not wear out at 30,000 or less. Something with the VEHICLE makes them wear.

Love It!
By Marcus

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Recently traded in my 98 Cherokee for an 06 Wrangler Sport. In short, I LOVE IT! The sense of freedom you get with the top down, and even with just the rear and side windows off. Haven't even taken it off-roading yet but look forward to doing so. The ride quality is a little rough but still better than I thought it would be. If you've driven Jeeps, you won't mind it though. The wind noise with a soft top is more tolerable than you'd expect. If you're looking for a cheap convertible, a 4WD off- roading machine, and just a fun vehicle to drive, look no further than a Jeep Wrangler.

Favorite Features

Classic exterior design, 4x4, fun to drive, convertible, solidly built, surprisingly nice interior, comfortable front seats, decent acceleration, nice sound system (this really shocked me), and it's a go anywhere vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be a little better, putting the top back up can be time consuming and a little difficult, be careful going over really bad potholes (same with all Jeeps), if you demand comfort and an ultra smooth ride look elsewhere (you shouldn't have been looking at a Jeep anyway)

Did not expect such poor quality
By R Reeves

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Right Hand drive, built and sold for Mail Delivery to USPS employees only. This vehicle has had repeated problems starting at 4000 miles. Every time I have taken it to be fixed, the repairs have been blamed as a result of delivery of mail, which it was advertised and sold for. My AC control has been replaced more than 4 times, my transmission went out less than 1000 miles out of warranty. I had asked Chronic to check this transmission on two separated occasions while under warranty and they found no problems. My molding surrounding my front windshield has been replaced 2 times and is hanging down now as a result of sloppy workmanship.

Suggested Improvements

Just give me one that will run...I am sure that this is just a BAD ONE, unfortunately Chrysler could care less. Very poor customer service.

Its a Jeep what did you expect
By Luna

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

first wrangler for me and I enjoy it every time I drive it, gave the Tourage to my son and daughter they done appreciate the Jeep anyway. With the Mini Cooper for long trips and fair weather in the garage next to it, it is the perfect combination of Yin and Yang for driving fun and transportation in life

Favorite Features

Its a Jeep

Suggested Improvements

go back to the old style please even this one will wear out and need a replacement one day

Box full of fun
By Chuck

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My TJ is a weekend driver only. The top never goes up because I purchased it for pure pleasure driving. Had to have it when I found they were changing the body style for 07'. Mileage is good for a box but size would make you think it should be better. Lifted, tires and a winch makes it turn more heads than a Vette. It would be nice if it had better highway manners but I wouldn't trade it for anything else. A go anywhere vehicle with the reliability in the highest degree. Since there won't be anymore "original" jeeps built this one will be mine forever.

Favorite Features

six speed and solid front axle, Service friendly (I do my own work) and the half doors are great. Good thing is, there are more aftermarket parts available for it, than for a Harley.

Suggested Improvements

AVC for the radio, vinyl seats would be nice.