2006 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
2006 Jeep Wrangler X
By rubiru2299 on 08/07/09 11:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first wrangler. Always wanted one since my Barbie's white and pink one! I LOVE the 06 because it's the last year of the original JEEP style. It runs great and I can take it anywhere! The top is a little difficult to get back on and does require two people to put it together, but is def. worth taking off. It's def. a dog friendly vehicle! I have two labs and they love riding in the back with the seat out. They have plenty of room and it's safer for them rather than standing on a seat. I always get compliments on it, both riding and looks wise. Honestly don't know what I'll do for my next vehicle. Hopefully they'll go back to the original style within the next few years or so!!!!!!!

Death Wobble
By Ed on 08/04/09 08:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my jeep in 2005. About 3 months after driving it I had to get the throw out valve replaced - twice. After only a year, I started to experience the death wobble. I've had it aligned and two sets of new tires but it keeps getting worse. I've taken 7 times to two different dealerships and they have no idea how to fix it. I almost wrecked yesterday and am now taking it back yet again to Monroeville Crysler. This is obviously a common deadly issue with jeeps and cannot believe consumers put up with it.

Jeeps are the only way to go
By The General on 06/07/09 10:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second wrangler I used to own a 97. This was such a vast upgrade even though it was still very similar. I love the 06 because it's the last year they stayed true to the design of the jeep. I love driving the jeep at night during the summer or all the time during the spring it is just so fun to drive. The only problem that I really have is the top was harder to get on then my old jeep. I could put my old top on in 5 minutes or less by myself now I need a little help to pull the top over. But besides that I couldn't ask for much more.

Loving this Jeep
By Love it on 05/11/09 00:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is the second Jeep I have owned. I use to drive a 1995 Jeep Cherokee and now went to the 06 Wrangler. Love the car every since I have test driven it and taken it off the lot. Good pick- up for a Four Cylinder and not bad gas mileage been averaging 21 MPG with Freeway driving and Country highway's (Lighted Highways). 4x4 is excellent. Wish the a/c reached the back seats, a center storage console was included and the front passenger airbag shut - off switch was included but other than that I would recommend this vehicle to anyone considering a four by four.

tough and fun yet affordable
By mighty mud box on 04/27/09 12:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

ive had my jeep a while and i love it its tough and rugged but i wish it got a lil better gas mileage and a better soft top and maybe factory 33 inch tires and a winch lol all in all its a real deal go get you some jeep

Jeep Wrangler- the most fun on 4 wheels!
By Scott Mann on 04/13/09 14:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

First Jeep. Love it. It can go anywhere and I can enjoy it topless or top up. Can carry, tow, whatever. Don't have to worry about it like i have had to do with my other convertibles and sports cars. Resale is predicted to be strong. Relative to other cars i've been buying the recent years, the fun-to-dollar ratio is very high! I'm so glad that finally after many years of wanting one, I finally got one and have not been disappointed. Seating comfort is excellent (and i have had back surgery and have bone spurs now). Ride quality far exceeds my expectation. And ease of use is high. I love the in-line six which is why i opted for used over new.

Jeep Fanatic!
By Meg on 04/08/09 10:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my jeep brand new in 07 and two years later I am still LOVING it! I run it on a mail route, and not only is the size perfect for that, but it is so sporty, that even when I am not working and when I clean it up...I get soooo many compliments on it! When my husband & I travel we are more likely to take the jeep instead of his 09 F- 350, we can whip it in and out of just about any where, and its just so much fun to drive! :)

06 Unlimited Rubi
By Jeep4fun on 04/05/09 08:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Incredibly capable; has never failed. Has allowed me to see lots of scenery unavailable to most people. Even on a long road trip it was more bearable than expected. The combination of reasonable road manners with unparalleled off-road ability works perfectly for me. Fuel economy is worse than imaginable.

Fun car
By panamapete on 08/16/08 04:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first Wrangler. I have driven a lot of cars and trucks, but this vehicle is the most fun to drive of them all. I put my 2008 Infiniti FX in storage.

2006 wrangler unlimited, excellent ride
By Boston Jeep on 07/17/08 12:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up my second wrangler recently, a 2006 with 8k miles. The car had all of the option packages that were being dolled out with the end of production. For my car this included the painted flares, two tone seats, 6disc cd, with satellite radio, compass rear view, cruise, dual tops, 6 speed manual. So far this vehicle has been tremendously fun. I formerly had an 03 Sahara, and the unlimited corrects a ton of little issues I always had with that car. The extra wheelbase makes for a better highway ride, and the additional space is very nice. This will be our fun car for trips, and summer touring, as well as my commuter car. very happy with the purchase so far.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.