Used 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited SUV Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Its a Jeep what did you expect
By Luna

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

first wrangler for me and I enjoy it every time I drive it, gave the Tourage to my son and daughter they done appreciate the Jeep anyway. With the Mini Cooper for long trips and fair weather in the garage next to it, it is the perfect combination of Yin and Yang for driving fun and transportation in life

Its a Jeep

go back to the old style please even this one will wear out and need a replacement one day

Death Wobble
By Ed

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my jeep in 2005. About 3 months after driving it I had to get the throw out valve replaced - twice. After only a year, I started to experience the death wobble. I've had it aligned and two sets of new tires but it keeps getting worse. I've taken 7 times to two different dealerships and they have no idea how to fix it. I almost wrecked yesterday and am now taking it back yet again to Monroeville Crysler. This is obviously a common deadly issue with jeeps and cannot believe consumers put up with it.

Nothing

Fix whatever is causing the death wobble.

2006 wrangler unlimited, excellent ride
By Boston Jeep

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up my second wrangler recently, a 2006 with 8k miles. The car had all of the option packages that were being dolled out with the end of production. For my car this included the painted flares, two tone seats, 6disc cd, with satellite radio, compass rear view, cruise, dual tops, 6 speed manual. So far this vehicle has been tremendously fun. I formerly had an 03 Sahara, and the unlimited corrects a ton of little issues I always had with that car. The extra wheelbase makes for a better highway ride, and the additional space is very nice. This will be our fun car for trips, and summer touring, as well as my commuter car. very happy with the purchase so far.

dual tops, flip fold seat, tight turning ratio

Diesel power!!!and MPG

What I really needed
By Funinthesun

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This jeep is a ton of fun. I have wanted another jeep since having a 69 jeep cherokee back when I was young (er). This car is basic, rugged and a joy to ride. Here I was thinking my wife would hate the stiff ride - but she wants to travel everywhere in our little jeep. The extended wheel base sure adds to the ride on long trips.

Being a part of the jeep community on our little island in Florida

Gas Mileage

'06 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
By Nate H

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great capability, fun to drive, sunrider top a nice feature when the weather is changing, geared really low (can start in 2nd gear), speaker quality could be improved.

Capability, I6 is indestructible and has plenty of power (barked all four tires), extra room, sunrider top, top is fairly easy to take down, it's a Jeep Wrangler, removable plugs in the floorboard.

Speaker quality for when the top is down.