2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
jeep just empty each pocket
By stoneshihtzu on 02/21/11 18:51 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

i bought my 2006 rhd wrangler 4x4, thinking it was a smart decision. thought it would be a great investment. durability & dependability. was going to be the perfect choice for a mail carrier vehicle. in 6,000 miles i have replaced ac/heater switch twice, towed once cause gear shifter cable broke. ran hot on me regularly. transmission fell out before i put 6,000 miles on it. if you purchase a jeep you better have a great warranty because believe me, you will need it. it was just out of factory warranty when i bought it at 73,000 miles and it has been one expense after another. everyone on these reviews sound like it is so great. like to hear if they still feel that way after 80,000 miles.

Wobbly Tires
By GAPeach on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my Jeep for 4 months. We have had issue with the tires wobbling so bad that the front end shakes - took it back to dealership first time, the stabilizer was replaced. Started back up again after 1 month. They argued that nothing wrong - not giving up, they looked again and found that the bushing needed replacing. They said this is an issue with Dodge vehicles. Had the map sensor replaced also - only 36,000 miles. Hopefully this is the last of the issues Otherwise - LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT

Love It!
By Marcus on 05/16/10 21:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Recently traded in my 98 Cherokee for an 06 Wrangler Sport. In short, I LOVE IT! The sense of freedom you get with the top down, and even with just the rear and side windows off. Haven't even taken it off-roading yet but look forward to doing so. The ride quality is a little rough but still better than I thought it would be. If you've driven Jeeps, you won't mind it though. The wind noise with a soft top is more tolerable than you'd expect. If you're looking for a cheap convertible, a 4WD off- roading machine, and just a fun vehicle to drive, look no further than a Jeep Wrangler.

Did not expect such poor quality
By R Reeves on 02/08/10 10:02 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Right Hand drive, built and sold for Mail Delivery to USPS employees only. This vehicle has had repeated problems starting at 4000 miles. Every time I have taken it to be fixed, the repairs have been blamed as a result of delivery of mail, which it was advertised and sold for. My AC control has been replaced more than 4 times, my transmission went out less than 1000 miles out of warranty. I had asked Chronic to check this transmission on two separated occasions while under warranty and they found no problems. My molding surrounding my front windshield has been replaced 2 times and is hanging down now as a result of sloppy workmanship.

Jeep Wrangler- the most fun on 4 wheels!
By Scott Mann on 04/13/09 14:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

First Jeep. Love it. It can go anywhere and I can enjoy it topless or top up. Can carry, tow, whatever. Don't have to worry about it like i have had to do with my other convertibles and sports cars. Resale is predicted to be strong. Relative to other cars i've been buying the recent years, the fun-to-dollar ratio is very high! I'm so glad that finally after many years of wanting one, I finally got one and have not been disappointed. Seating comfort is excellent (and i have had back surgery and have bone spurs now). Ride quality far exceeds my expectation. And ease of use is high. I love the in-line six which is why i opted for used over new.

Jeep Fanatic!
By Meg on 04/08/09 10:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my jeep brand new in 07 and two years later I am still LOVING it! I run it on a mail route, and not only is the size perfect for that, but it is so sporty, that even when I am not working and when I clean it up...I get soooo many compliments on it! When my husband & I travel we are more likely to take the jeep instead of his 09 F- 350, we can whip it in and out of just about any where, and its just so much fun to drive! :)

It's a Jeep Thing
By Doug on 05/08/08 05:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first new Jeep. I owned 2 used ones previously. I love it. We needed a new vehicle and I held out for the Jeep. Very happy I did. I like its build quality and simplicity. Just got around to installing the soft top and am wondering why I waited so long! Much better than the older ones, at least to me. Sunridre feature is cool. I am 51 and this is my "toy". My wife and I plan to get out into the Jersey Pine Barrens (once my daughter gets her license and we have the time.) Just wish I had the manual transmission, but the auto is ok.

Mileage not that bad
By djd2engr on 04/06/08 12:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My wife bought me the 65th Year Anniversary Edition Jeep for my 50th birthday. It's been great fun to drive. The ride is better than I expected and the sunrider top is super!! We drove from Maine to Florida and were pleasantly surprised at how well it drove on the highway. We also travel to Boston frequently and I average over 21 mpg when the cruise control is set @ 60mph. It is not the most practical vehicle we have ever owned but, it is the most fun. With the back seat folded down we have just enough room for our 2 Golden Retrievers.

Golden Eagle
By Rains on 09/03/06 10:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just recently purchased a 2006 Golden Eagle. The Jeep has much less road noise than older Jeeps I have driven. It handles well on the highway and having both hard and soft tops is a plus. I get approximately 16.5 MPG. I have not had the chance to take the Jeep off road but have a trip planned in the middle of this month.

Jeep Sport
By charley on 04/12/06 17:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The Jeep has good power with the 6 speed, miles per gal 18 with a K&N filter system. First is very low, get the 6 cylinder for power. You will like this.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.