Used 2006 Jeep Wrangler Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

jeep just empty each pocket
By stoneshihtzu

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

i bought my 2006 rhd wrangler 4x4, thinking it was a smart decision. thought it would be a great investment. durability & dependability. was going to be the perfect choice for a mail carrier vehicle. in 6,000 miles i have replaced ac/heater switch twice, towed once cause gear shifter cable broke. ran hot on me regularly. transmission fell out before i put 6,000 miles on it. if you purchase a jeep you better have a great warranty because believe me, you will need it. it was just out of factory warranty when i bought it at 73,000 miles and it has been one expense after another. everyone on these reviews sound like it is so great. like to hear if they still feel that way after 80,000 miles.

Favorite Features

liked the height of the vehicle and turning around ability. good looking vehicle, eye catcher. liked the right hand drive for my job. was great when ran right. felt like i could go anywhere with it and wasn't afraid if weather was bad are roads were bad.

Suggested Improvements

jeep needs to stand behind their products better than they did on this model. they should at least give a 100,000 mile on power train. interior is so cheap made. could improve material quality. should make extended warranties available for their rhd jeeps. jeep wont even cover a rhd jeep used to deliver mail. that's a big joke seeing how they are designed for mail carriers. buy new and trade before warranty runs out. seems like the rubicon and extended jeeps are much better, even the 4 cyl. sounds like it is a better quality and performance than most of the owners of the rhd jeeps i've read of. could have lost my job owning this vehicle, thank god i kept my buicks for back up!!!!

Wobbly Tires
By GAPeach

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my Jeep for 4 months. We have had issue with the tires wobbling so bad that the front end shakes - took it back to dealership first time, the stabilizer was replaced. Started back up again after 1 month. They argued that nothing wrong - not giving up, they looked again and found that the bushing needed replacing. They said this is an issue with Dodge vehicles. Had the map sensor replaced also - only 36,000 miles. Hopefully this is the last of the issues Otherwise - LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT

Favorite Features

the freedom to drive where I want - even though haven't taken it off road. The top down - oh yeah!

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage and have were it is easier to put back on the top

Love It!
By Marcus

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Recently traded in my 98 Cherokee for an 06 Wrangler Sport. In short, I LOVE IT! The sense of freedom you get with the top down, and even with just the rear and side windows off. Haven't even taken it off-roading yet but look forward to doing so. The ride quality is a little rough but still better than I thought it would be. If you've driven Jeeps, you won't mind it though. The wind noise with a soft top is more tolerable than you'd expect. If you're looking for a cheap convertible, a 4WD off- roading machine, and just a fun vehicle to drive, look no further than a Jeep Wrangler.

Favorite Features

Classic exterior design, 4x4, fun to drive, convertible, solidly built, surprisingly nice interior, comfortable front seats, decent acceleration, nice sound system (this really shocked me), and it's a go anywhere vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be a little better, putting the top back up can be time consuming and a little difficult, be careful going over really bad potholes (same with all Jeeps), if you demand comfort and an ultra smooth ride look elsewhere (you shouldn't have been looking at a Jeep anyway)

Did not expect such poor quality
By R Reeves

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Right Hand drive, built and sold for Mail Delivery to USPS employees only. This vehicle has had repeated problems starting at 4000 miles. Every time I have taken it to be fixed, the repairs have been blamed as a result of delivery of mail, which it was advertised and sold for. My AC control has been replaced more than 4 times, my transmission went out less than 1000 miles out of warranty. I had asked Chronic to check this transmission on two separated occasions while under warranty and they found no problems. My molding surrounding my front windshield has been replaced 2 times and is hanging down now as a result of sloppy workmanship.

Suggested Improvements

Just give me one that will run...I am sure that this is just a BAD ONE, unfortunately Chrysler could care less. Very poor customer service.

Jeep Wrangler- the most fun on 4 wheels!
By Scott Mann

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

First Jeep. Love it. It can go anywhere and I can enjoy it topless or top up. Can carry, tow, whatever. Don't have to worry about it like i have had to do with my other convertibles and sports cars. Resale is predicted to be strong. Relative to other cars i've been buying the recent years, the fun-to-dollar ratio is very high! I'm so glad that finally after many years of wanting one, I finally got one and have not been disappointed. Seating comfort is excellent (and i have had back surgery and have bone spurs now). Ride quality far exceeds my expectation. And ease of use is high. I love the in-line six which is why i opted for used over new.

Favorite Features

inline 6, manual transmission, seating comfort, essential, no-nonsense controls (manual windows, seats, etc.). I LIKE SIMPLE!!! Power and handling exceeds expectations.

Suggested Improvements

head restraints for rear, which i think is on the new models. improved interior storage. Go back to inline 6 cylinder, Chrysler!!!