2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
The Death Wobble 2
By Sebagolakemoose on 06/19/10 11:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

At about 20,000 I had the first wobble multiple times to the dealership and was told I made too many left turns and the air pressure was off. New tires tie rods alignment and other parts woble gone. 45,000 same thing new tires. 70000 miles wobble, on new tires parts and we are good again. 97,000 historic wobble on again not as bad as the first one though. Dealership has given us new reasons for the wobble every time from air pressure, to many left turns, tie rods, alignments, rotation, breaks, bad tires, etc always something to blame but the vehicle itself. Appears the passenger side tires wear fast? But it's a Jeep thing and I love my Jeep it needs less work then my 1973 or 1971 cj5s.

Box full of fun
By Chuck on 11/19/09 19:53 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My TJ is a weekend driver only. The top never goes up because I purchased it for pure pleasure driving. Had to have it when I found they were changing the body style for 07'. Mileage is good for a box but size would make you think it should be better. Lifted, tires and a winch makes it turn more heads than a Vette. It would be nice if it had better highway manners but I wouldn't trade it for anything else. A go anywhere vehicle with the reliability in the highest degree. Since there won't be anymore "original" jeeps built this one will be mine forever.

2006 Jeep Wrangler X
By rubiru2299 on 08/07/09 11:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first wrangler. Always wanted one since my Barbie's white and pink one! I LOVE the 06 because it's the last year of the original JEEP style. It runs great and I can take it anywhere! The top is a little difficult to get back on and does require two people to put it together, but is def. worth taking off. It's def. a dog friendly vehicle! I have two labs and they love riding in the back with the seat out. They have plenty of room and it's safer for them rather than standing on a seat. I always get compliments on it, both riding and looks wise. Honestly don't know what I'll do for my next vehicle. Hopefully they'll go back to the original style within the next few years or so!!!!!!!

Jeeps are the only way to go
By The General on 06/07/09 10:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second wrangler I used to own a 97. This was such a vast upgrade even though it was still very similar. I love the 06 because it's the last year they stayed true to the design of the jeep. I love driving the jeep at night during the summer or all the time during the spring it is just so fun to drive. The only problem that I really have is the top was harder to get on then my old jeep. I could put my old top on in 5 minutes or less by myself now I need a little help to pull the top over. But besides that I couldn't ask for much more.

Fun car
By panamapete on 08/16/08 04:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first Wrangler. I have driven a lot of cars and trucks, but this vehicle is the most fun to drive of them all. I put my 2008 Infiniti FX in storage.

100% fun
By Chuck Leo on 06/12/08 19:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My TJ is probably the most fun vehicle I've ever owned with 4 wheels. With the 4.0L and 6 speed its got plenty of power and easy to handle. With all the after market parts available it was easy to make it a one of a kind "me" jeep. Its built tough enough to take me anywhere. The best part is really how the vehicle makes me feel when I drive it.

It's the last purpose built SUV
By JeepJohn on 03/09/08 11:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

OK this is not a truck for someone who wants to eat a big mac/talk to there boss/change a shirt, as they drive 90mph thu heavy traffic. This is a base model Jeep that can be built up, or left alone and just feed the willing to go where the road does not. It's not a town car so yes it's a Jeep that lets you know there are bumps in the road. It has a I-6 so it's not the smoothest running engine out there. But it will get you from point A-B and back. High reliability. The 6-speed tranny is fun for around town. Driving down a highway, Keep you hands on the road and do not try to multi task. It's a off road built Jeep. It's not meant to go fast it's ment to take a beating. But in high traffic fun!

Jeep Wranger
By cindy on 12/12/07 07:27 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have wanted a Jeep since 1978 and after my number 2 son hit my little focus (nice little car, escort was better) for the third time and it was time to get a new vehicle, so I did it, I got my Jeep. I love this vehicle it would not have been practical for me earlier in my life but I am so glad I have it now. I love going to the mountains in and its great on the beach. It's so fun to drive and I love the little Jeep wave. I can't wait to go to camp next summer!

It's a Jeep thing!
By Leonard on 10/29/07 17:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

There is nothing like a Jeep Wrangler. I live in Montana, and This is the perfect recreational vehicle! Nothing out preforms my Wrangler. It is built with the highest quality on the market.

Poor mileage
By Afficiendo on 10/07/07 15:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The Wrangler is in a class all by itself. It's fun to drive, iconic, easy to maneuver and has the perfect blend of technology with simplicity. You will never know how much all that technology is really unnecessary and annoying until you have owned a Wrangler. Nonetheless, my Wrangler gets terrible gas mileage.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.