Used 2006 Jeep Wrangler X SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

The Death Wobble 2
By Sebagolakemoose

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

At about 20,000 I had the first wobble multiple times to the dealership and was told I made too many left turns and the air pressure was off. New tires tie rods alignment and other parts woble gone. 45,000 same thing new tires. 70000 miles wobble, on new tires parts and we are good again. 97,000 historic wobble on again not as bad as the first one though. Dealership has given us new reasons for the wobble every time from air pressure, to many left turns, tie rods, alignments, rotation, breaks, bad tires, etc always something to blame but the vehicle itself. Appears the passenger side tires wear fast? But it's a Jeep thing and I love my Jeep it needs less work then my 1973 or 1971 cj5s.

Favorite Features

Heat Music comfort Off road performance even stock Yes I would buy another one (I'm a sucker for punishment)

Suggested Improvements

Figure out the tire problem. Tires rated for 45,000 miles should not wear out at 30,000 or less. Something with the VEHICLE makes them wear.

Box full of fun
By Chuck

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My TJ is a weekend driver only. The top never goes up because I purchased it for pure pleasure driving. Had to have it when I found they were changing the body style for 07'. Mileage is good for a box but size would make you think it should be better. Lifted, tires and a winch makes it turn more heads than a Vette. It would be nice if it had better highway manners but I wouldn't trade it for anything else. A go anywhere vehicle with the reliability in the highest degree. Since there won't be anymore "original" jeeps built this one will be mine forever.

Favorite Features

six speed and solid front axle, Service friendly (I do my own work) and the half doors are great. Good thing is, there are more aftermarket parts available for it, than for a Harley.

Suggested Improvements

AVC for the radio, vinyl seats would be nice.

2006 Jeep Wrangler X
By rubiru2299

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first wrangler. Always wanted one since my Barbie's white and pink one! I LOVE the 06 because it's the last year of the original JEEP style. It runs great and I can take it anywhere! The top is a little difficult to get back on and does require two people to put it together, but is def. worth taking off. It's def. a dog friendly vehicle! I have two labs and they love riding in the back with the seat out. They have plenty of room and it's safer for them rather than standing on a seat. I always get compliments on it, both riding and looks wise. Honestly don't know what I'll do for my next vehicle. Hopefully they'll go back to the original style within the next few years or so!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

Convertible, sound bar, AWESOME to drive whether your going on a long trip or just down town. Practical, gas isn't horrible, but isn't great...

Suggested Improvements

Really wish the fenders wouldn't fade as quickly as they do... I know there are products to attempt to bring them back, but it just seems like they fade ridiculously fast... other than that, LOVE it!

Jeeps are the only way to go
By The General

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second wrangler I used to own a 97. This was such a vast upgrade even though it was still very similar. I love the 06 because it's the last year they stayed true to the design of the jeep. I love driving the jeep at night during the summer or all the time during the spring it is just so fun to drive. The only problem that I really have is the top was harder to get on then my old jeep. I could put my old top on in 5 minutes or less by myself now I need a little help to pull the top over. But besides that I couldn't ask for much more.

Favorite Features

Convertible, awesome look, fun to drive, not bad gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

easier to put on top

Fun car
By panamapete

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first Wrangler. I have driven a lot of cars and trucks, but this vehicle is the most fun to drive of them all. I put my 2008 Infiniti FX in storage.