2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
120,000 miles and many many problems
By tommer1 on 11/11/13 19:45 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I am a very maintenance conscious person, oil changes every 3000 miles, tranny fluid, antifreeze, everything. I have had so many issues with jeep. I have never had this jeep off road at all, i use it to drive back and forth to work. I have had to have two engine rebuilds, the manual transmission rebuilt, the transfer case rebuilt and many other engine problems including repeat censor problems. Most of my problems happened while it was still under warranty but i spent more time in rental cars then i did driving my own car it seems like. the death wobble was fixed when i bought aftermarket parts but jeep knows this is a problem and don't fix it. very poor quality gets maybe 12 mpg.

Grabage!!
By duckydo on 08/20/13 12:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

just bought this junk 3 months ago for 8400$ , and allready to dealer for pcm replacement .1500$...and like impossible to find cheaper ..out of stock , or discontnued parts ..same has muffler ...im gonnna get this pcm fixed and sell this [non-permissible content removed]!!

"old brown shoes"
By rkcohen on 11/22/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Zero problems with this 63,000 miles Jeep. Routinely get 21-22 mpg back and forth to work, same on the highway - a little touchy at highway speeds, but great to drive to the beach, top-down!

Loving this Jeep
By Love it on 05/11/09 00:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is the second Jeep I have owned. I use to drive a 1995 Jeep Cherokee and now went to the 06 Wrangler. Love the car every since I have test driven it and taken it off the lot. Good pick- up for a Four Cylinder and not bad gas mileage been averaging 21 MPG with Freeway driving and Country highway's (Lighted Highways). 4x4 is excellent. Wish the a/c reached the back seats, a center storage console was included and the front passenger airbag shut - off switch was included but other than that I would recommend this vehicle to anyone considering a four by four.

Love this Jeep
By pjb1966 on 06/28/08 12:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is the coolest vehicle and lots of fun! I wish It had come with a few other options like a console and steps and "cruise-control" other than that I love it!! its a nice quiet smooth ride the only downside is the "gas" mileage is not so good!! other than that you"ll be VERY HAPPY!

Awesome
By Dan on 11/07/06 05:12 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is my 5th Wrangler. 1997, 2000, 2004 and a 2006 were all new. I also had a 1995 used. You can no way beat a Wrangler in the snow or off road. The gas mileage has a bit to be desired but it's worth it for the fun you have. The 95, 97, 00, all had a 2.5 liter 4 cylinders. great 4 cylinders. The 04 had a 2.4 liter, and I had to downshift on every little slope. The 2.4 lacks a lot compared to the 2.5. My 06, which I bought a week ago. is a 4.0 liter and just screams. It wants to go. The 6 speed tranny is great also. No downshifting anymore. I'd recommend a Wrangler to everyone.

Surprisingly capable
By Tom on 07/30/06 22:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bought this new and drove it 200 miles down the front range and then across the San Luis Valley of CO. Next day took it mountain climbing in the San Juans. I call that a break-in! The 4-banger has plenty of oomph for the highways and the passes, and seems to be getting decent mileage (although it's too new to really judge). The six-speed tranny combined with lo-range will have you creeping over the rough stuff at less than walking speed, or stirring the gears on the road like you're in a top-down sports car. Only in a Jeep! Comfy seats, good looking all-around, and a steal at the employee price. Affordable, practical, capable, and fun transportation.

An Excellent Compromise
By Daniel on 04/29/06 07:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased my Wrangler SE new this past January, just before gas prices began to soar. Have I regretted it? Not at all! With each tank of gas the 4-cylinder/6-speed drivetrain continues to get better mileage. My last tank of gas indicated 24.6 mpg combined city/highway driving.(25.5 highest/21.5 lowest since owning it). The key to these numbers is driving habits - keep the rpms down. The Jeep is a great compromise vehicle that won't do any one thing great, but can do everything pretty dang well (hauling 4 adults, towing trailers, off-road and snow capabilities, convertible option, etc.) It's the genuine utility vehicle that gives me a sense of confidence in its abilities when I drive it.

A new Jeep w/ 430 miles and a bad motor
By Sam Pinheiro on 04/07/06 13:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Looks great. Had it for one week and the motor started ticking. Dealership found metal shavings in the oil, so far this is day 3 without my brand new Jeep. Don't know when I will get it back. Rides well, nice interior.

Very Happy
By JJ on 02/13/06 15:27 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Rides much smoother than anticipated. I drive mostly on the highway and it's averaging 23-24mpg. The versatility of the vehicle, the styling, and the history of Jeep has made me a fan.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.