2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
tough and fun yet affordable
By mighty mud box on 04/27/09 12:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

ive had my jeep a while and i love it its tough and rugged but i wish it got a lil better gas mileage and a better soft top and maybe factory 33 inch tires and a winch lol all in all its a real deal go get you some jeep

06 Unlimited Rubi
By Jeep4fun on 04/05/09 08:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Incredibly capable; has never failed. Has allowed me to see lots of scenery unavailable to most people. Even on a long road trip it was more bearable than expected. The combination of reasonable road manners with unparalleled off-road ability works perfectly for me. Fuel economy is worse than imaginable.

Off-road king
By jeeper on 05/22/07 18:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my Unlimited Rubicon for almost a year and love it! I am a hard-core off-roader and I find the Unlimited the perfect compromise for someone with a child and a need to drive to work 5 days a week. The lockers in the Rubi take me everywhere, and the extra cargo space hold all my gear. I'm a Jeeper and added a small lift and bigger tires after a few months. Getting stuck is a thing of the past. I've put this thing up the side of mountains in the National Forest in 1.5 feet of snow and over rocks the size of cars. It isn't the most refined, quite, or comfortable, it's a Jeep

Winter Driving Must Have a Jeep
By DAC on 02/19/07 20:21 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

We are just finishing clean up after the storm that closed I-78 and schools for days. This Rubicon Unlimited just paid for itself. It drove us safely through and over the ice covered snow on roads that were a nightmare. The 4 wheel high was enough...no need for low gear or the lockers. We were able to go to work, help neighbors, and keep going when the rest of the area was shut down. This jeep just proved why we need one. It provided safety and security in bad weather to equal the fun and enjoyment in good weather. Now when people ask why we need an SUV, we simply refer to the storm of 2007...enough said.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By YellowRubi on 02/15/07 20:12 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This Unlimited Rubicon is so much fun to drive. It looks very sharp and it looks much better than the new '07' design. The best thing about this Jeep is it is a convertible. The soft top is super for the beach and summer driving. The hard top is best for winter. I took the Jeep 101 course offered through the dealership and it really showed me what my Jeep was capable of doing off-road. I feel very safe in this Jeep...much safer than in the standard wheel base model. The longer wheelbase "feels" safer on the highway and provides a better ride.

Rubicon for the family
By YellowRubi on 12/31/06 16:41 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 5th Jeep, 3rd Wrangler, and 2nd Rubicon. The Rubicon is such a great off-road and fun vacation vehicle that my family selected to upgrade for the space in this Unlimited model. The decrease in MPG in this model was disappointing (23mpg down to 18) however, the extra space has paid off for the 2 kids and dog. My wife loves it so much she took the Jeep 101 course through the dealer and local Jeep Club and now she loves it even more. She became familiar with "lockers". My 8 year old daughter plans to own this Jeep when she reaches 16. I can't blame her. Great Jeep. Great off road. Great for PA winters and traveling the mountains during hunting season. This Jeep is a keeper.

It's a Jeep thing...you wouldn't understand.
By LandersMJ on 09/03/06 14:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

First off, this is the best off-road vehicle out there. I love my Jeep, but I did have some quality issues when I first received it. Paint quality is poor, and had to take it back to dealer to get several spots re-painted. New seats since 2003 are large, awkward, too low, and difficult to see around. I had to buy seat risers to be able to see correctly over the hood (and I'm 6'1"). The transmission is 18 wheeler like, not smooth at all. Aside from all that, this is my third and best Wrangler by far. Lockers and transfer case are great. Jeep needs to up their quality control, but still make a good product overall.

One Great Jeep
By Jeep Vet on 07/22/06 04:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Having owned CJ5s and Scramblers in the past I am well pleased with this Jeep. I don't understand the previous reviews complaining about room, MPG etc. This is an off road vehicle, not a cruiser/SUV. It is very comfortable compared to the previous Jeeps I have owned and has almost every feature you could ask for. I live in East TN close to Windrock Mountain and Tellico. Although not great in the mud in its stock form (you need a lift & bigger tires to do any serious mudding), it will climb a brick wall. Snow and bad weather are no sweat for this thing. For years I would not buy a Jeep because I thought they were not as tough as the older models. This may still be true, but I am well pleased.

Awesome
By jarrod on 07/19/06 22:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very fun to drive, not very good gas mileage but if you are buying a Jeep you probably do not care about gas anyway. Having both tops is great!

2006 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
By Mark on 07/04/06 20:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Wrangler and so far has been a real fun vehicle to own. I bought it with all available options and upgrades including automatic transmission. The ride is a bit stiff and you feel all the bumps in the road but rides good on smooth roads, better than my pickup. Acceleration is good and maneuvers well. The hard top makes it a quiet ride which I will use more than the soft top. Shoulder room felt a bit close at first but have gotten use to it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.