2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Its a Jeep what did you expect
By Luna on 02/03/10 09:57 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

first wrangler for me and I enjoy it every time I drive it, gave the Tourage to my son and daughter they done appreciate the Jeep anyway. With the Mini Cooper for long trips and fair weather in the garage next to it, it is the perfect combination of Yin and Yang for driving fun and transportation in life

Death Wobble
By Ed on 08/04/09 08:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my jeep in 2005. About 3 months after driving it I had to get the throw out valve replaced - twice. After only a year, I started to experience the death wobble. I've had it aligned and two sets of new tires but it keeps getting worse. I've taken 7 times to two different dealerships and they have no idea how to fix it. I almost wrecked yesterday and am now taking it back yet again to Monroeville Crysler. This is obviously a common deadly issue with jeeps and cannot believe consumers put up with it.

2006 wrangler unlimited, excellent ride
By Boston Jeep on 07/17/08 12:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up my second wrangler recently, a 2006 with 8k miles. The car had all of the option packages that were being dolled out with the end of production. For my car this included the painted flares, two tone seats, 6disc cd, with satellite radio, compass rear view, cruise, dual tops, 6 speed manual. So far this vehicle has been tremendously fun. I formerly had an 03 Sahara, and the unlimited corrects a ton of little issues I always had with that car. The extra wheelbase makes for a better highway ride, and the additional space is very nice. This will be our fun car for trips, and summer touring, as well as my commuter car. very happy with the purchase so far.

What I really needed
By Funinthesun on 04/23/08 19:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This jeep is a ton of fun. I have wanted another jeep since having a 69 jeep cherokee back when I was young (er). This car is basic, rugged and a joy to ride. Here I was thinking my wife would hate the stiff ride - but she wants to travel everywhere in our little jeep. The extended wheel base sure adds to the ride on long trips.

'06 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
By Nate H on 03/30/08 17:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great capability, fun to drive, sunrider top a nice feature when the weather is changing, geared really low (can start in 2nd gear), speaker quality could be improved.

Great Vehicle
By Anthony on 05/27/07 07:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great vehicle and it rides better than the short wheel base version. I have already driven it from the east coast out to Kansas City. It works great in the mountains or on the coast. I did have a leaking door seal that took a while for the dealership to figure what was leaking and from where, but once they found it they fixed it very quickly.

Better than regular Jeeps.
By Brett on 04/04/06 17:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fun to drive. Bigger and better cargo area. Six speed manual is a little hard to get used to. Rides better than regular sport package. Lousy gas mileage and small tank, but I don't drive that much so it's not that bad.

'06 Jeep Unlimited Wrangler
By wildbill on 01/14/06 12:17 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a very fun vehicle to drive and own. Lot smoother ride than the '95 wrangler I used to own. It rides as smooth as my wifeís Nissan murano. No problems yet. I have 3,200 miles and am looking forward to getting a hitch since the towing capacity has been increased from 1,500 lbs. to 3,000 lbs. thanks to the added length and an extra crossmember in the frame. Iíll now be able to tow my tent trailer with no problem.

Awesome tough trucklet :)!
By kyle D on 11/25/05 19:54 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is an awesome truck!! I love getting in it everyday. Our family has a lot of cars in it - S65, LR3, H2, and the Unlimited! The Jeep would have to win the fun-to-drive factor ... and its a good price too! Our sticker was $29,275 and we got it for $23,980. The automatic transmission shifts perfectly, it absorbs road imperfections awesomely, it's very peppy, and it handles corners like, amazingly. I would seriously recommend this for someone who would want a convertible, but needs an SUV. This is our second Wrangler and we're proud owners :).

The ONE and only...Jeep
By Steven on 11/17/05 00:21 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

In the past 25 years I have driven a lot of different makes and models of other brands of cars, but I have always owned a Jeep Wrangler as my second car. The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited seems to continue with the tradition of past Jeeps of being reliable and dependable when other cars seems to fail. The longer wheelbase of the Unlimited makes for a smoother ride and the leg room in the back seat has increased, making it easier for the people riding in the back. The acceleration and handling of the Unlimited continues to impress me by its quick response in and out of traffic. The fact that the Jeep is sweet and simple to operate and drive makes it one of the many reasons the Jeep tradition lives on!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.