Used 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Amazing Vehicle
By WAjeeper

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle is a tremendous amount of fun with the soft top and removable doors. Power is more than adequate for its size and weight. Extremely reliable; the only maintenance issues I have had in two and a half years are regular oil and filter changes every 3000 miles. Gas mileage is 15-17 mpg. Its a rough, loud ride, but its a Jeep not a Camry. Unstoppable off road. Cargo room and towing capacity are limited, but again you must realize what this vehicle is designed for and what it is not designed to do. Every vehicle has limitations and the Jeep is no exception. But it excels at what it was designed to do and I love it. I would buy another without hesitation.

Removable top, removable doors, six- speed manual, small size, great turning radius, off road abilities surpass everything on the market bar none, ease of maintenance, tremendous aftermarket support, unique appearance and history compared to other vehicles in the bland and boring SUV market

None whatsoever. Its a real four wheel drive that makes no excuses for what it is and it does what it was designed to do extremely well. If you can't deal with roll up windows, wind noise, small size and a rough ride, go look at something else.

It's definitely a Jeep thing!
By Terminator

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this Jeep. It is amazing what it can do off road. One of my favorite things to do is ride with the top down and the doors off. I have been impressed with how reliable this vehicle has been. I have had better service with this Jeep than I have had with my high end imports. I now have 20k on it and it's still going with no issues.

The option to take the doors off.

None.

First time Jeep owner
By R. Tilghman

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in a 1992 Mercedes 300SL for a 2006 Rubicon. I've driven SL class MB for 20 years. My friends were shocked. The bottom line is I love the Rubicon and have no regrets on the trade. The simplicity of the design and excellent build quality are great. Mileage is only about 16.5 mpg. The highway ride is surprising compliant considering the offroad capabilities. Maneuverability in tight areas is outstanding. The fun factor is +10. The Rubicon has already proved to be a versatile work horse at our farm. Aftermarket parts support is amazing and one of the reason I selected a Jeep. "It's a Jeep thing" has real meaning to me now.

Simplicity of design is my favorite feature. The Rubicon's beefy drivetrain is so robust it makes keeping the vehicle +20 years a legitimate option. I wanted the last year of the TJ because it's destined to be an instant collector's classic.

It's tough to find fault. My only improvement suggestion is the stereo speakers are a little weak on sound quality.

Finally The Car I Allways Wanted
By paulkk

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first jeep...long time coming but I have had a burning desire to own one since my junior year in high school (98). It's everything I hoped for and more, every time I drive it I love something new about it. If you don't have one, get one...you will be grinning like the village idiot after running over the most treacherous potholes and banked driveways that would bottom out a regular car's undercarriage.

Styling, unsurpassed off-road capability, no-nonsense functionality, virtually no blind spots, dual top group... the Jeep wave:) Can't wait till the first big snowfalls so I can be a good Samaritan and pull out stuck cars and maybe a semi or two.

Ability to lock tailgate from inside instead of using key, more tire options. I really wanted BF Goodrich All Terrain Tires.

Nothing else will do.
By 0IIIIIII0

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my 1994 Wrangler for a 2006 Rubicon. I was [just] looking at both the FJ Cruiser and the Hummer(s) but, I have to be faithful to the Jeep line. In owning a Jeep the last 10 years, I wanted to keep with a legacy. Plus, it IS the Jeep thing! Plus, best of all, I know the engine and it is easy to work with after working on my '94 4.0 these past years!

More comfort (over my 94). Reliable/very fun off road/6 speed manual transmission with cruise for the highways. CD player with 7 speakers/dual tops/wheels. All of it!

Gas mileage, but hey, it's a Jeep.