2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Amazing Vehicle
By WAjeeper on 01/06/08 12:49 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle is a tremendous amount of fun with the soft top and removable doors. Power is more than adequate for its size and weight. Extremely reliable; the only maintenance issues I have had in two and a half years are regular oil and filter changes every 3000 miles. Gas mileage is 15-17 mpg. Its a rough, loud ride, but its a Jeep not a Camry. Unstoppable off road. Cargo room and towing capacity are limited, but again you must realize what this vehicle is designed for and what it is not designed to do. Every vehicle has limitations and the Jeep is no exception. But it excels at what it was designed to do and I love it. I would buy another without hesitation.

It's definitely a Jeep thing!
By Terminator on 09/28/07 09:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this Jeep. It is amazing what it can do off road. One of my favorite things to do is ride with the top down and the doors off. I have been impressed with how reliable this vehicle has been. I have had better service with this Jeep than I have had with my high end imports. I now have 20k on it and it's still going with no issues.

First time Jeep owner
By R. Tilghman on 11/12/06 08:11 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in a 1992 Mercedes 300SL for a 2006 Rubicon. I've driven SL class MB for 20 years. My friends were shocked. The bottom line is I love the Rubicon and have no regrets on the trade. The simplicity of the design and excellent build quality are great. Mileage is only about 16.5 mpg. The highway ride is surprising compliant considering the offroad capabilities. Maneuverability in tight areas is outstanding. The fun factor is +10. The Rubicon has already proved to be a versatile work horse at our farm. Aftermarket parts support is amazing and one of the reason I selected a Jeep. "It's a Jeep thing" has real meaning to me now.

Finally The Car I Allways Wanted
By paulkk on 11/04/06 01:25 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first jeep...long time coming but I have had a burning desire to own one since my junior year in high school (98). It's everything I hoped for and more, every time I drive it I love something new about it. If you don't have one, get one...you will be grinning like the village idiot after running over the most treacherous potholes and banked driveways that would bottom out a regular car's undercarriage.

Nothing else will do.
By 0IIIIIII0 on 08/21/06 11:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my 1994 Wrangler for a 2006 Rubicon. I was [just] looking at both the FJ Cruiser and the Hummer(s) but, I have to be faithful to the Jeep line. In owning a Jeep the last 10 years, I wanted to keep with a legacy. Plus, it IS the Jeep thing! Plus, best of all, I know the engine and it is easy to work with after working on my '94 4.0 these past years!

Rubicon Fanatic
By Mike on 07/21/06 20:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I took the giant leap from a 2000 Toyota Camry to a 2006 Rubicon, and even though the gas mileage is a major difference the Jeep is a much better choice. I always hated the phrase,"Its a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand." That was until I bought one. I have never had so much fun owning and driving a car as I have this Jeep, if you don't own one you don't understand and if you do own one you can't explain it.

Its a Jeep!
By moneyshot on 07/17/06 20:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased a brand new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon for my wife. She loves it and so do I. This thing is incredible in the off road department. It is virtually unstoppable. On the road, it is very nice. I will not be an idiot and compare this vehicle to a Cadillac, or expect this thing to get 100 miles to the gallon, and perform like a Ferrari while doing it. That is not what this vehicle is about. I will say this. The styling of this vehicle is great. The simply stated "RUBICON" words on each side of the hood let people know it isn't a regular 4x4.

A Jeep Convert
By Jeep Happy on 03/24/06 13:03 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

A great city car. The high stance and small size make it a great car for getting around New York City area. Its small size makes it very easy to park and maneuver in crowded areas. You are also relatively high - you can see around corners and over parked cars. My Jeep is a blast to drive. When I go upstate, the car handles great in the snow, doesn't fear puddles, and is sure-footed on steep hills. With off-road tires, gas mileage is poor and it is not the best choice for long road trips - but that's not really the focus of the car. I only started off-roading after I bought my Jeep, and I am very happy that it gave me a new hobby.

good
By EJ on 02/05/06 17:47 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fun, great driving vehicle. Fun on the weekends, and it will catch looks from people passing.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.