2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
120,000 miles and many many problems
By tommer1 on 11/11/13 19:45 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I am a very maintenance conscious person, oil changes every 3000 miles, tranny fluid, antifreeze, everything. I have had so many issues with jeep. I have never had this jeep off road at all, i use it to drive back and forth to work. I have had to have two engine rebuilds, the manual transmission rebuilt, the transfer case rebuilt and many other engine problems including repeat censor problems. Most of my problems happened while it was still under warranty but i spent more time in rental cars then i did driving my own car it seems like. the death wobble was fixed when i bought aftermarket parts but jeep knows this is a problem and don't fix it. very poor quality gets maybe 12 mpg.

Grabage!!
By duckydo on 08/20/13 12:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

just bought this junk 3 months ago for 8400$ , and allready to dealer for pcm replacement .1500$...and like impossible to find cheaper ..out of stock , or discontnued parts ..same has muffler ...im gonnna get this pcm fixed and sell this [non-permissible content removed]!!

jeep just empty each pocket
By stoneshihtzu on 02/21/11 18:51 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

i bought my 2006 rhd wrangler 4x4, thinking it was a smart decision. thought it would be a great investment. durability & dependability. was going to be the perfect choice for a mail carrier vehicle. in 6,000 miles i have replaced ac/heater switch twice, towed once cause gear shifter cable broke. ran hot on me regularly. transmission fell out before i put 6,000 miles on it. if you purchase a jeep you better have a great warranty because believe me, you will need it. it was just out of factory warranty when i bought it at 73,000 miles and it has been one expense after another. everyone on these reviews sound like it is so great. like to hear if they still feel that way after 80,000 miles.

Wobbly Tires
By GAPeach on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my Jeep for 4 months. We have had issue with the tires wobbling so bad that the front end shakes - took it back to dealership first time, the stabilizer was replaced. Started back up again after 1 month. They argued that nothing wrong - not giving up, they looked again and found that the bushing needed replacing. They said this is an issue with Dodge vehicles. Had the map sensor replaced also - only 36,000 miles. Hopefully this is the last of the issues Otherwise - LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT

"old brown shoes"
By rkcohen on 11/22/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Zero problems with this 63,000 miles Jeep. Routinely get 21-22 mpg back and forth to work, same on the highway - a little touchy at highway speeds, but great to drive to the beach, top-down!

The Death Wobble 2
By Sebagolakemoose on 06/19/10 11:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

At about 20,000 I had the first wobble multiple times to the dealership and was told I made too many left turns and the air pressure was off. New tires tie rods alignment and other parts woble gone. 45,000 same thing new tires. 70000 miles wobble, on new tires parts and we are good again. 97,000 historic wobble on again not as bad as the first one though. Dealership has given us new reasons for the wobble every time from air pressure, to many left turns, tie rods, alignments, rotation, breaks, bad tires, etc always something to blame but the vehicle itself. Appears the passenger side tires wear fast? But it's a Jeep thing and I love my Jeep it needs less work then my 1973 or 1971 cj5s.

Love It!
By Marcus on 05/16/10 21:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Recently traded in my 98 Cherokee for an 06 Wrangler Sport. In short, I LOVE IT! The sense of freedom you get with the top down, and even with just the rear and side windows off. Haven't even taken it off-roading yet but look forward to doing so. The ride quality is a little rough but still better than I thought it would be. If you've driven Jeeps, you won't mind it though. The wind noise with a soft top is more tolerable than you'd expect. If you're looking for a cheap convertible, a 4WD off- roading machine, and just a fun vehicle to drive, look no further than a Jeep Wrangler.

Did not expect such poor quality
By R Reeves on 02/08/10 10:02 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Right Hand drive, built and sold for Mail Delivery to USPS employees only. This vehicle has had repeated problems starting at 4000 miles. Every time I have taken it to be fixed, the repairs have been blamed as a result of delivery of mail, which it was advertised and sold for. My AC control has been replaced more than 4 times, my transmission went out less than 1000 miles out of warranty. I had asked Chronic to check this transmission on two separated occasions while under warranty and they found no problems. My molding surrounding my front windshield has been replaced 2 times and is hanging down now as a result of sloppy workmanship.

Its a Jeep what did you expect
By Luna on 02/03/10 09:57 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

first wrangler for me and I enjoy it every time I drive it, gave the Tourage to my son and daughter they done appreciate the Jeep anyway. With the Mini Cooper for long trips and fair weather in the garage next to it, it is the perfect combination of Yin and Yang for driving fun and transportation in life

Box full of fun
By Chuck on 11/19/09 19:53 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My TJ is a weekend driver only. The top never goes up because I purchased it for pure pleasure driving. Had to have it when I found they were changing the body style for 07'. Mileage is good for a box but size would make you think it should be better. Lifted, tires and a winch makes it turn more heads than a Vette. It would be nice if it had better highway manners but I wouldn't trade it for anything else. A go anywhere vehicle with the reliability in the highest degree. Since there won't be anymore "original" jeeps built this one will be mine forever.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.