2005 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: Wouldn't Trade It For the Worl

2005 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

X Convertible SUV (4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 6-speed Manual)

Wouldn't Trade It For the World!
By Alisha on

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've wanted a Jeep for a VERY long time and finally got it! Regardless of what the overview on this site says, the soft top is not that hard to work with once you get used to it. (I'm 5'7 with very little arm muscle and can do it!). Now we have 2 Jeeps in the family and can count on mine to do everything the other one does (and it's more reliable than our '91 Wrangler too). A little noisy at 75mph, but it was never meant to be an interstate vehicle really, and the noise of the soft top is a good sacrifice to make with the unpredictable weather of New Mexico. I wouldn't trade my Jeep for the world!

I love the half-doors on mine. It's great to have the "windows" down/off for the summer and with the top down, and still be able to throw em in back and put 'em on if it rains or snows.

I would love for it to come with better off-road "stock" tires. The stock ones I bought it with could use some improvement in traction on the soft desert sand and sometimes steep inclines. Other than that, I wouldn't have it any other way!