Val misses the old style
By Val on
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)
I have a 94 Wrangler and LOVE IT; won't part with it, still runs and looks great 160,000+ miles on it. I recently purchased a 2004 because everyone said the 94 was getting too old. I still drive my 94 everyday. I'm finding it hard to get use to the new style. I really miss the old interior spread out simple dash; the old style soft top and its Jeep Thunder sound (much easier to use) ; the square headlights and bounce of the leaf springs. The newer style Jeeps just don't have that rugged look and feel about them. They remind me of that junk box Geo Traker that people use to refer to as a Jeep, except for us faithful Jeep drivers. Go back to the more rugged apprearance inside and out,less yeepie.
Favorite Features
The simple rugged dash and interior of the older styles.4.0 liter high output 6 cylinder engine the old style soft top.
Suggested Improvements
True Jeep drivers love them for their off road ability and rugged feel and look. The fancy dash and interior need to go. The Jeep is not a car it's a recreation vehicle; it doesn't need a roll back convertible top - the old was much easier and fit the vehicles style much more. Look back at old ratings.