My 2nd Wrangler and lovin it!
By gayjeepboy on
2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)
I had a 97 Wrangler Sport and had to sell it and regretted it. After 3 years of searching, I finally found my new 05 Wrangler "X". I love this car but it is not a vehicle for everyone. A lot of the used Wranglers I encountered had very low miles indicating to me that the owners did not know what they were buying. For me it is the perfect Southern CA car - easy to park and maneuver, fun for beach cruising, and an all around blast.! It does not ride like a car so if you don't like a harder ride this isn't for you. Unlike most Jeep buyers I have no intention of taking this off road. For me it is my fun car and I cannot recommend it highly enough. If you are even thinking of getting one - GO FOR IT.
Favorite Features
4 speed automatic transmission, hard doors with glass windows! (My 97 had th zippered plastic windows-what a pain). The 7 speaker sound system is awesome. Heater and A/C are great. After 3 months and 1500 miles I am up to the 18 MPG for freeway driving and I think that will improve (hopefully?).
Suggested Improvements
Better gas mileage (duh, just like every other owner) but other than that I love it all. I do wish I had cruise but that's a small thing.