2005 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: I can Tow I can Tow

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Review

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV

I can Tow I can Tow
By TOWBOAT on

2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great capability, took it up South Mountain my first weekend, absolutely awesome, drove a 1950 lumber road that was over grown and washed out. Second weekend towed my 17 foot Bowrider up into the mountain roads of Western MD; no problem, 65+ on most hills except the gap. Very steep; engine definitely was working and I heard it. Top down effect excellent with Bikini top; can get blown around a bit at 65, of course I am 6'3 and I sit higher than most. With bikini top not a problem. Got pulled over for having the doors off in West Virginia. You need mirrors in WV. I got a warning. Down hill with boat trailer wasn't as bad as I thought but it could be better.

Easy top removal if you drive around for a few weeks before attempting to remove. Comfortable seats. I'm not a big radio user but it does pump out the volume. I'm a news radio person and I can't really appreciate all the features. Best of all a real cooler and gear bags fit in the back.

For what I purchased this vehicle for I am happy; if it where a daily driver I'd have to say get a hard top. I bought both and hard top is the way to go if this is to be a daily driver. It's not that hard to remove and the bikini top is easy to put on for the days you want the top off.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review