I can Tow I can Tow
By TOWBOAT on
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)
Great capability, took it up South Mountain my first weekend, absolutely awesome, drove a 1950 lumber road that was over grown and washed out. Second weekend towed my 17 foot Bowrider up into the mountain roads of Western MD; no problem, 65+ on most hills except the gap. Very steep; engine definitely was working and I heard it. Top down effect excellent with Bikini top; can get blown around a bit at 65, of course I am 6'3 and I sit higher than most. With bikini top not a problem. Got pulled over for having the doors off in West Virginia. You need mirrors in WV. I got a warning. Down hill with boat trailer wasn't as bad as I thought but it could be better.
Favorite Features
Easy top removal if you drive around for a few weeks before attempting to remove. Comfortable seats. I'm not a big radio user but it does pump out the volume. I'm a news radio person and I can't really appreciate all the features. Best of all a real cooler and gear bags fit in the back.
Suggested Improvements
For what I purchased this vehicle for I am happy; if it where a daily driver I'd have to say get a hard top. I bought both and hard top is the way to go if this is to be a daily driver. It's not that hard to remove and the bikini top is easy to put on for the days you want the top off.