2005 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: Capable, Versatile, and Fun

2005 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

Capable, Versatile, and Fun
By iusta on

2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first piece of advice is to take the Wrangler on a THOROUGH test drive if it is going to be your daily driver. It has very unique handling characteristics, so you need to know you'll be comfortable driving it in on the highway, in-town, etc. That being said, this Jeep is a versatile ride, offering room for two other people, or one other person and your dog. I chose the hard top and have been pleased with the isolation it offers from the elements and noise. Convertible in the summer, go anywhere in winter, and the Jeep is amazingly capable off-road. I've had it to a couple of Jamborees. If you buy one, you owe it to yourself to let the Wrangler show you what it can do on the trails.

The seating position is excellent. The 7-speaker sound system is better than I expected. Easy to pilot through traffic and parking lots with communicative steering and a tight turning radius.

I take the rear seat out frequently to give my dog some room, and the process is unacceptably awkward. Although i think the seating position is just right, I can never seem to get my backside comfortable. The lack of lumbar support is sad.