Used 2005 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2005 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

I LOVE MY NEW JEEP
By Bikergal18

2005 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have been wanting one forever, so I broke down and got a Wrangler. It is everything I wanted. Being a Honda person, it was a bit of a leap, but well worth it. We will see if long term reliability will be a problem. I went basic with the SE, but then a Jeep is not a luxury vehicle. Not great for lots of highway travel, but also not as bad as I expected. Luckily I have a short commute. Soft Top is a snap to get up and down, and perfect for Cape Cod in the summer! I went automatic, full metal doors, and A/C. Came standard with CD player and back seat. What more could you want? After all the snow last winter, I can't wait for the 4WD.

Favorite Features

Soft Top is the greatest. Jeep wave! You certainly have joined a community when you buy a Jeep. I have always liked my Hondas, but I love the Yellow Wrangler.

Suggested Improvements

Ok, so I could complain about gas mileage, but I knew that going in. Other than that, it is perfect.

Love it.
By aubjh

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Always wanted a Jeep. Now I have one! Aftermarket parts just bolt on. The 190 hp 4.0 V6 gets up and goes really fast. The 6 gears are great too. Second has been a little clunky; going to have that checked. Love the 4x4. Should of gotten the one with cruise control for long trips though. Powersteering already has gone out. Other than that I love it.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage.

What a life ... a Jeep life!
By Justin LeVrier

2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Jeep. I've always wanted one and finally got one! Two weeks ago I purchased the Rubicon and have already logged close to 750 miles (75 off-road). I keep finding myself looking at a mountain thinking ... "I can get to the top of that" and so far I have. While 4 wheeling this past weekend I was with a friend who said "well, looks like we can't go any further, better turn around." She must have said that 5 or more times, and each time she did we climbed higher on more ridiculous terrain and the Rubicon never even hesitated. I LOVE THIS BEAST! Fun, Fun, Fun and it's great how all the other Jeep owners smile and wave whenever you pass. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Favorite Features

Ultra low gearing in 4WD Low, the 4:11 transfer case and axle lock kicks! The removable doors, top and fold down window rock. It's the adults dream toy.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a buy one get, one free special :-) I wouldn't mind having another for my other house!

Unlimited
By Jones

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love the Wrangler Unlimited; just wish it had better mileage. That is the one draw back for me.

Favorite Features

Love the Jeep.

Suggested Improvements

Just better mileage.

Wrangler Unlimited
By Mike

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Jeep Wrangler has a bad wrap with automotive critics!The Unlimited is the most fun and versatile vehicle I have owned. The extra space the Unlimited has is a big plus for hauling cargo. I hope Jeep continues its legendary style for years to come.

Favorite Features

The extra capacity for cargo and towing along with the ability to go off road anytime. Drop the top and gaze at the stars through the back country.

Suggested Improvements

A factory available accessory for more lockable and secure storage behind the rear seat.