2005 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Love it!
By SeattleGuy on 03/23/05 13:28 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this vehicle. So much fun. Going up hills in my hometown of Seattle is no problem. Driving at the beach is a blast and the high profile makes crossing rivers no hassle. It is great to help everyone else out of the sand. ; )

At long last
By Bob on 03/19/05 09:09 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've been searching for quite some time for a Jeep Wrangler. The newer ones are very simple, convertable roofs quieter, heat works well, and has plenty of power with the tried and true 4.0 six. The stick shift is great and gives you that sport car feel. I enjoy my four wheel drive sports car. Spring is just around the corner and the top will come down. I decided to go with the hard doors, for the ease of opening the windows in the winter months. The back seat either comes out or folds forward for the quick shopping experiences. The radio/CD player are more than enough with the sound bar. Over all I love the style the creature comforts, & it's simple, & fun to drive year round. Its a Jeep Thing

2005 Jeep Unlimited
By Larry on 03/16/05 14:00 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Jeep and I'm well pleased with everything so far (1500 miles so far). It rides smooth and handles good and is surprisingly quiet (hard top). It comes with both tops. Gas mileage so far is 17.5 miles per gallon (6 cyl.).

Just Empty Every Pocket
By John on 03/10/05 15:38 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

For those of you purchasing a Jeep TJ or LJ spend a few more bucks ($150) for the steps if you have a small wife and child as it will make their entry/exit easier. If you are even remotely considering going off-road, (as you should with a Jeep) opt for the Rubicon package; that way you won't wind up in my situation where i'm dropping insane amounts of money on armor, wheels, tires etc. I only recommend the Rubicon if you are going to be doing moderate off-roading; if your intentions are insane off-roading buy the reguler Jeep and upgrade as you go. I encourage everyone to buy the Unlimited package as the additional space really comes in handy. The added length also improves the ride quality.

Capable, Versatile, and Fun
By iusta on 03/09/05 22:36 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first piece of advice is to take the Wrangler on a THOROUGH test drive if it is going to be your daily driver. It has very unique handling characteristics, so you need to know you'll be comfortable driving it in on the highway, in-town, etc. That being said, this Jeep is a versatile ride, offering room for two other people, or one other person and your dog. I chose the hard top and have been pleased with the isolation it offers from the elements and noise. Convertible in the summer, go anywhere in winter, and the Jeep is amazingly capable off-road. I've had it to a couple of Jamborees. If you buy one, you owe it to yourself to let the Wrangler show you what it can do on the trails.

So far so good
By Evan Papajohn on 03/07/05 21:17 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I owned a '95 Wrangler...wow!!! what a difference in ride,comfort,and quiet. I can actually have a conversation with passengers and drive for three hours without arriving tired....then hop up to my favorite remote place to "chill out"

Jeepin' Its what we do
By Ken Wuytens on 03/03/05 23:57 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I drove a 1997 Wrangler in a medicine delivery business and put 150,000 miles on it in 4 years. It still runs great, uses no oil, and has been down Black Bear Road several times. So, my wife and I decided to modernize a bit with a new Rubicon. Its been fun figuring out the dealer installed nav system, and the lockers are a big plus. We will be heading back to the Silverton, CO. area this summer for 4-wheelin' in the San Juans. Took it out to nearby Glamis for some desert driving and it performed admirably. (Was there a doubt?) Jeep could try to better the gas milage and the Rubicon 16 inch tires do rumble some on the hiway.

Jeep Rules
By Jilian on 02/26/05 15:09 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Jeeps in general are amazing, but I love the Wrangler. It's fun to drive, stylish, and you can't beat its off-road capabilities. So the gas mileage isn't the best--are any SUVs that great on gas?

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
By Mark on 02/26/05 11:03 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the 5th Jeep I've owned. I have so much fun going places most people only get to look at in a book. The Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon is extremely capable anywhere I have taken it off-road and very quiet and fun to drive on- road also.

A reliable, practical workhorse.
By JD Adams on 02/24/05 12:16 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Jeep Wranglers fill a unique niche that seems to have no competition: a no-frills, no-nonsense practical, utilitarian workhorse that will easily take you to hell and back without complaint. Turn the key on that noisy, rumbly straight-6, and all becomes clear: this isn't your average foofy, grocery-getter SUV. This truck is strictly business. In the Unlimited, all the amenities are present: cruise, CD stereo, airbags, A/C. However, underneath all that fluff lies one of the toughest trucks ever produced. Jeep Wrangler's off road prowess is legendary, and now with the longer Unlimited wheelbase, ride quality and cargo space is very easy to live with.