2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Wannabe
By Papermaker on 05/28/05 00:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my Rubicon Unlimited in April '05. Just had to get bigger tires (LT285) vs. standard LT245's, lift kit (3.5") and a rear tire carrier, and more to come. No issues so far! Fun to drive with the hard top off. Had to buy before the warranty went south in '06 - so I was told.

My Jeep
By Rob Austin on 05/27/05 11:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

So far I'm getting about 19 mpg. The ride is a little stiff but fun. My only dislike is that I decided to get the 4 cylinder for gas mileage. For performance, that was not the best idea. This vehicle is slow.

First Jeep
By D on 05/03/05 10:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my first Jeep about a month ago ('05 Rubicon) and I absolutely love it! I often take the long way home from work just so I can drive it a little longer. Although it is being used mainly for commuting, I do plan to take an occasional off-road excursion, and I can't wait to see what it can do. Not the most practical vehicle for everyday use, but that's not why we buy Jeeps. It definitely delivers everything that is promised with a Jeep. Pure fun!

Woohoo
By Tyler on 04/27/05 21:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Wrangler as I had one back in '99; a Sahara. There have been vast improvements in the sound system and I don't think the newer one has a distributor cap like the '99 did which seemed kind of archaic. It's a lot of fun, though not very comfortable on long trips. The under 30 set would love it though and there is nothing quite like the top down on a nice day, or being able to go through snow like it does.

Fantastic Fun
By Scott on 04/22/05 14:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's time to rate these Jeeps for what they are. These are fun vehicles made to play where others can't go. This is for a person who needs no GPS, DVD Screen and dislikes wearing a suit! My Unlimited has been exceptional since the day I drove it from the lot. Problem free and able to go anywhere, it's the perfect vehicle for a rag-top lover who loves a nice summer day. I have nothing but nice things to say. I don't even miss my 2002 Convertible Mustang GT. The Jeep is more fun!

I'm hooked
By Jack on 04/20/05 23:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I'm on my third Wrangler now and won't buy anything else. I love the rugged exterior look along with its long history. There's nothing like taking the top down and doors off. I highly recommend this vehicle. I've already got my sister-in-law and a co-worker to buy one. There are endless ways to accessorize and personalize your Wrangler to your style. Wranglers are very reliable with vast improvements over the years. You'll never go a day without seeing one on the streets.

4WD heaven
By zorra225 on 04/16/05 21:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

If you are looking for a smooth ride and fuel economy this is not the car for you, But if you're looking for an a car that can take you places you never been; this is the one.

2003 Jeep Wrangler SE
By Alex Ham on 04/07/05 01:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I love my Wrangler. It's fun to drive and it will handle just about anything I want it to. Nothing beats driving with the top down on a clear,warm night. Taking it through mud and sand is just plain fun. Slap on some great All Terrain tires and you have one nice looking vehicle on your hands. Jeep owners are die hard fans of their vehicles. You can't find that with any other vehicle. Wranglers last longer than most vehicles if they are well taken care of. What more could you ask for.

My Jeep
By PainterProLee on 04/03/05 08:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I needed a multi use vehicle and this has turned out to be perfect. I am able to use it for my construction work during the day and the rest of the time as our second family vehicle. With the choice of different options and color schemes I was able to have a Jeep that is perfect for work and "mature" in color and style for us, the over 35 group.

Absolutely Amazing Ride
By JohnnyTwoTimes on 03/23/05 15:42 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

2004 Wrangler X was the best decision I could have made. It's a blast to drive in winter or summer whether you're throwing in the 4X4 or peeling down the rag top. It doesn't ride great but I think that's half the fun in driving it. You can get a ton of great options and customize your Wrangler any way you see fit. The 7 speaker factory sound system I have sounds great. Wrangler has that old school feel and look about it but also has the options and amenities available that make your driving experience comfortable and complete.