Used 2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

the unlimited Jeep
By tmnavy

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best Jeep ever, all that extra space and not losing any capability. I've had it for 2 months and gone everywhere and nothing stopped it.

The security group, 6 speed, all that space.

Easier take down soft top and fuel mileage.

Rocky Mountain Edition Wrangler
By PKey

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned 4 Wranglers and will own nothing else. Love 'em!

Sound bar, soft top.

Sunrider top should be standard equipment.

I've had older Jeep's
By Marcus

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had older Jeep's but this one is the best I've had. Although it doesn't have the V-8 that I'm used to, the 4 liter has more than enough power to run down the highway @ 80 mph, and of course off-road on any trail that is suitable for vehicles. Haven't done a lot of off-roading in this one, but the 4WD is torqued enough to handle anything, providing you have the right additions (lift, tires, rocker guards, etc.) I would recommend if you want something that is fun to drive and can take you wherever you want to go, this is what you need.

Six speed transmission, tumble rear seat.

Stronger posts that hold the soft windows in the doors (top corner of windows pull away from body a little at higher speeds).

My 2nd Wrangler
By molly

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have been a Jeep fan since my first Cherokee in high school. This is my second Wrangler and it is definitely fun. I would however consider another vehicle if it is your main source of transportation! Convenience is not a word to describe these cars. You should also consider safety. Both of mine were broken into and you should never leave the doors locked because that will get your windows slashed! Other than convenience. you should also consider the effort to take the top off when you first buy one. Practice, Practice, Practice. Most of all have fun and remember its the only suv of its kind!

Easy to drive and fun with the top down.

Easier top removal and stronger, larger zippers.

Wouldn't Trade It For the World!
By Alisha

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've wanted a Jeep for a VERY long time and finally got it! Regardless of what the overview on this site says, the soft top is not that hard to work with once you get used to it. (I'm 5'7 with very little arm muscle and can do it!). Now we have 2 Jeeps in the family and can count on mine to do everything the other one does (and it's more reliable than our '91 Wrangler too). A little noisy at 75mph, but it was never meant to be an interstate vehicle really, and the noise of the soft top is a good sacrifice to make with the unpredictable weather of New Mexico. I wouldn't trade my Jeep for the world!

I love the half-doors on mine. It's great to have the "windows" down/off for the summer and with the top down, and still be able to throw em in back and put 'em on if it rains or snows.

I would love for it to come with better off-road "stock" tires. The stock ones I bought it with could use some improvement in traction on the soft desert sand and sometimes steep inclines. Other than that, I wouldn't have it any other way!

• SUV