2005 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
My jeep
By Tom on 07/12/05 22:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have never enjoyed a vehicle so much as this. Expected some lack of convenience, but it is such a fun vehicle that it makes up for any shortcomings.

Feels "cheaper"
By Steve on 07/12/05 00:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Wrangler (3rd Jeep - we had a Grand Cherokee in between). The first was a '99 2.4. There seems to be a lot more plastic on the '05. Why? It was perfect before. Obviously, you are either a Jeep driver or you aren't. My only criticisms relate to the "improvements" Jeep has made over the past several years. Strip it back down! My new Jeep has the headlight switch on the steering column and a more complex back seat removal. There's a lot less storage in the center console. I also miss the front seat airbag shut-off. Why did they mess with perfection? I will admit, the six speed is a little nicer on the freeway. Overall, I wish I'd kept the '99. Still, better than the Grand Cherokee.

Myboyblue
By MyBoyBlue on 06/28/05 15:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This has been the most enjoyable car I have ever driven. I can feel the road underneath me and I am the one in control, not my car. Some people complain about the gas mileage and the ride, but they should have researched this before they bought it. Those are the reasons the rest of us Jeepers buy them. Looking in, and envy. Looking out, and understanding. It's a Jeep Thing.

Fun in the sun
By Dennis Rooney on 06/22/05 11:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

From the dealership to the road, my experience has been excellent 5 star. This is my first Jeep and I have always wanted one. I wasn't prepared for the lower gas mileage, however you don't but a Jeep for aerodynamics. It's kinda like driving a brick through a wind tunnel. However you can rest with confidence, that this is a serious off-road vehicle. You may find yourself driving down the highway and by impulse making a right turn into the woods. This vehicle has incredible off-road capabilities. I've found some really good fishing holes. If you buy a Jeep Wrangler, you will find a camaraderie on the road which was quite unexpected. Wrangler owners smile and wave at each other knowingly.

Truly Unlimited!
By Carol in TN on 06/16/05 13:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just got back from an off-road Jeep Jamboree and my little yellow Jeep Unlimited went through and over things you just wouldn't believe! It's not for everyone, some just won't get it and others will drive nothing else! After all, "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand" I love driving mine as a daily commuter and as a weekend escape to the boonies. Can't do that in your Saturn ... also works great as a H2 and Land Rover recovery vehicle! If you go off road in anything else, make sure a Jeep Wrangler is always within sight to save you. If you buy one, just make sure to wave!

Jeep Wranglers Are Fun!
By Pat on 06/13/05 01:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Always wanted a Jeep. Now I have one! Pros: Easy to put the top up and down. One person can do this without a problem. The more you do it the faster it gets. After market parts just bolt on where the extra holes are. No pre-drilling. The 190 hp 4.0 V6 gets up and goes really fast. The 6 gears are great too. Love the 4 x 4. Should of gotten the one with cruise control for long trips though.

I bought a Lemon
By Surfwind on 06/09/05 21:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My vehicle only has 3,100 miles. At 1,700 miles the oil pressure dropped. Dealer had to special order a new camshaft sensor drive that attaches to the oil pump. At 3,100 miles the same problem arises. Dealer is having a difficult time diagnosing problem and contacting Chrysler/Jeep. Have no idea of what is causing this problem. Vehicle is 2005 Jeep Wrangler with 4.0 liter engine.

Love Jeeps
By Doc Savage on 06/06/05 13:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th Wrangler (still have the '98). I enjoy the open air fun and offroad ability of the Wrangler. Been a rag top man for years and love the open air.

Unlimited - it's about TIME!
By Todd on 06/05/05 09:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's about time Jeep came out with a new "scrambler style" Wrangler. Not only is the cargo storage a plus but it rides like a normal SUV unlike its lil brother the Wrangler. It's quiet and has a much smoother ride. I love passing other Wranglers....they get jealous!

Ultimate reliability and practicality
By JD Adams on 05/28/05 04:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great around-town SUV; it's small, maneuverable and fun to drive. Off pavement, it's as tough as a 4X4 can get. The Unlimited's ride is excellent, and upscale options now make this a very civilized choice for people who want a no-nonsense, ultra-reliable vehicle to get around in. Plenty of cargo room. Back seat folds down and is removable for extra storage. New 6-speed transmission is a breeze to shift; clutch pedal is light, and the 4-wheel disc brakes are excellent. Not your average SUV - far more practical and useful, especially off-road.