2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
1st Jeep
By Dave on 08/13/05 07:46 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I wish i would have bought one 10 years ago! It`s fun to drive. Short and compact. I usually trade my vehicles in every two to three years. I have a feeling I may keep this Jeep for many years.

Great car
By Kevin on 08/12/05 16:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this thing. Will own it til it dies. The only thing I dislike is the gas mileage. But I enjoy the vehicle thoroughly.

I finally found my car
By Karl on 08/11/05 16:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned a G35 Coupe, a Mitsu Eclipse, an SUV, and this takes the cake. I've never had so much fun driving a car. Driving with the top down on a sunny day, I get more looks than I ever did in my fancy sports coupe. Once again, "It's a Jeep Thing". Yea the ride's a little rough, who cares?! I plan on keeping this baby for a long time.

Finally
By ANOTHERJOHN on 08/11/05 00:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Top down. Hair blowin'. Shirt off. Senses Tingling. "Its a Jeep Thing" Finally, I bought a Jeep Wrangler, after years of yearning for one! Only thing I can say is "I", better yet, "my family LOVES IT!" With out a doubt, this is the perfect fun car, truck, SUV, whatever, for a family of four. I'm looking forward to taking a vacation to Pismo Beach, and drive the dunes to the ocean. Anyone looking for an outside toy, this is the one to buy!

Jeep Wrangler Review
By Eric on 08/02/05 15:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had this vehicle for a year, so far it has worked without a problem (knock on wood). Consumer Reports was disappointed with it. They were expecting a Lexus Sports Activity Vehicle with every computer enhanced stability control system. This is a vehicle designed to take a beating in the harshest environments and bring you home. It's not designed to drive you to yoga class in total comfort and burled walnut trim. The Wrangler will get you through 2 feet of snow & 2 feet of water without advanced yuppie technology. It was designed to ford water, and have 8.6" of ground clearance for off-road adventures. You can't do that in a Lexus. If you want a tough vehicle, go for the Wrangler not a Lux SUV.

Unlimited Rubicon
By unlim rubicon w/6 sp on 07/28/05 15:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've only owned this vehicle for a couple of weeks but it is more than what I anticipated. Given the expected ride and noise levels of prior models the unlimited version is much quieter and rides much more smoothly. If you are in the market for a Jeep I would encourage you to go for the Unlimited Rubicon vs ANY of the others. The price differential is minimal given whta you get.

Garbage
By Steve on 07/27/05 17:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle is for the off road consumer. It rides poorly on the road and feels like it jumps around when you take a turn and hit a bump. I purchased it brand new and the dash squeaks (dealership said that is how they are from the factory). You can see the spot welds on the rear quarter panels. (again ok to Jeep's standards). Weld marks on the doors not ground down, just painted over. (again ok with Jeep).

fun ride
By doug on 07/27/05 05:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fun to drive and very capable off road. I like the ease of folding the top down and the availability of aftermarket accessories.

It's a Jeep thing, and now I understand
By JeepRubi101 on 07/25/05 11:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I never really "got" the Jeep until I bought one. The gear ratio is low and very easy to shift. You can literally crawl without doing ANYTHING just by having the axle locks on. It's a thing of beauty. If you're just considering a Jeep, I suggest test driving it. I'm willing to bet that you too will understand the saying "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand"

My Rubi Is Bad
By Sixgun on 07/14/05 21:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I an older dude (51) who has always had Jeeps. I recently gave my old '89 YJ a break and bought a new '05 Rubicon. This Jeep take the name "Jeep" to new horizons. Smooth riding, responsive, tough and very ergonomic. The Dana 44's, 411 gearing along with the new tough transfer case give me piece of mind when tooling around in the boonies. I figure I have a good 20 years left on God's green Earth and I plan on spending all of those years with my "Impact Orange" Rubicon. The only problem I will have is deciding which products to buy when "accessorizing" my Rubi,