Used 2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Keeper
By Bumski

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third Jeep, first Rubicon. If you are looking for a child hauling, store stopping SUV look somewhere else. This is the ultimate factory Jeep. Designed to go anywhere and return. So if your looking for an SUV for adventure, look no further! This is the perfect vehicle. It has taken me rock climbing, mud bogging, trail riding, and some fun in the snow. Never stuck, nothing broke. I'll pass this vehicle on to my kid one day.

Favorite Features

The drivetrain is unbeatable. Strong engine, tranny, transfer case, and Dana 44s front and rear with LOCKING differentials!

Suggested Improvements

The interior could use some updating.

beyond dangerous
By antonia nin

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

In the past eight months that the Jeep has been with me it has had and still has these problems: abrupt vibration of the steering wheel and dash board. It feels like the Jeep is going to fall into pieces. The Jeep till this day accelerates on its own. Water gets in the vehicle and the rug smells afterwards. Under carriage is cover with rust. Rear seat would not fold down. Air conditioner vents stop working. The Jeep has been in dealer to resolve these problems but till this day most of the problems still exist.

Favorite Features

Color,roof rack for speakers.

Suggested Improvements

All.

3rd Wrangler I've owned
By Joe D

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd Wrangler but the first I've owned with a 6 cylinder. It has much more torque; have to downshift less. Am getting used to the 6 speed manual which is a little more balky going into 6th or reverse than my 5 speed was. I have the larger wheel package and the traction in the snow is unsurpassed. Prior 2 Wranglers were very reliable.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable seats, dual top group make this a practical 4 season vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Smoother shift linkage.

Nothing Like It!
By Jason

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

If you ever thought about getting a Jeep Wrangler, DO IT! You only live once and I can tell you it's worth every penny. I bought new in June 2005. Had the top down all summer. Not as hard as I thought to put back up (less than 5 minutes). Top seals up perfect for Autumn. This past winter I drove my girlfriend to work in a blizzard (biggest recorded in NYC). It handled great. I owned a 1984 CJ7 when I was 19. This Jeep is so much more civilized. I have an "X" edition with a Rocky Mountain package. LOVE IT.

Favorite Features

I love the distinct exterior look of the Wrangler,the 4WD, convertible top, ground clearance.

Suggested Improvements

Would appreciate better gas mileage. Average about 20mpg on highway with 6 cylinder/6 speed.

the unlimited Jeep
By tmnavy

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best Jeep ever, all that extra space and not losing any capability. I've had it for 2 months and gone everywhere and nothing stopped it.

Favorite Features

The security group, 6 speed, all that space.

Suggested Improvements

Easier take down soft top and fuel mileage.