Used 2005 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Best Jeep Ever
By Rob

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best it can get till the 2007 Unlimited comes. Drove both normal and Unlimited side by side and the ride difference was unbelievable.

Ride, fun, and open top feel.

Better fuel economy, more doors.

Keeper
By Bumski

2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third Jeep, first Rubicon. If you are looking for a child hauling, store stopping SUV look somewhere else. This is the ultimate factory Jeep. Designed to go anywhere and return. So if your looking for an SUV for adventure, look no further! This is the perfect vehicle. It has taken me rock climbing, mud bogging, trail riding, and some fun in the snow. Never stuck, nothing broke. I'll pass this vehicle on to my kid one day.

The drivetrain is unbeatable. Strong engine, tranny, transfer case, and Dana 44s front and rear with LOCKING differentials!

The interior could use some updating.

beyond dangerous
By antonia nin

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

In the past eight months that the Jeep has been with me it has had and still has these problems: abrupt vibration of the steering wheel and dash board. It feels like the Jeep is going to fall into pieces. The Jeep till this day accelerates on its own. Water gets in the vehicle and the rug smells afterwards. Under carriage is cover with rust. Rear seat would not fold down. Air conditioner vents stop working. The Jeep has been in dealer to resolve these problems but till this day most of the problems still exist.

Color,roof rack for speakers.

All.

3rd Wrangler I've owned
By Joe D

2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd Wrangler but the first I've owned with a 6 cylinder. It has much more torque; have to downshift less. Am getting used to the 6 speed manual which is a little more balky going into 6th or reverse than my 5 speed was. I have the larger wheel package and the traction in the snow is unsurpassed. Prior 2 Wranglers were very reliable.

Very comfortable seats, dual top group make this a practical 4 season vehicle.

Smoother shift linkage.

Nothing Like It!
By Jason

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

If you ever thought about getting a Jeep Wrangler, DO IT! You only live once and I can tell you it's worth every penny. I bought new in June 2005. Had the top down all summer. Not as hard as I thought to put back up (less than 5 minutes). Top seals up perfect for Autumn. This past winter I drove my girlfriend to work in a blizzard (biggest recorded in NYC). It handled great. I owned a 1984 CJ7 when I was 19. This Jeep is so much more civilized. I have an "X" edition with a Rocky Mountain package. LOVE IT.

I love the distinct exterior look of the Wrangler,the 4WD, convertible top, ground clearance.

Would appreciate better gas mileage. Average about 20mpg on highway with 6 cylinder/6 speed.

• SUV