2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
My 2nd Wrangler and lovin it!
By gayjeepboy on 08/27/06 18:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 97 Wrangler Sport and had to sell it and regretted it. After 3 years of searching, I finally found my new 05 Wrangler "X". I love this car but it is not a vehicle for everyone. A lot of the used Wranglers I encountered had very low miles indicating to me that the owners did not know what they were buying. For me it is the perfect Southern CA car - easy to park and maneuver, fun for beach cruising, and an all around blast.! It does not ride like a car so if you don't like a harder ride this isn't for you. Unlike most Jeep buyers I have no intention of taking this off road. For me it is my fun car and I cannot recommend it highly enough. If you are even thinking of getting one - GO FOR IT.

None better.
By tyrus on 08/04/06 10:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The Jeep TJ is possibly the finest American vehicle ever produced. I will be a Jeep owner for life. I live in the city and have absolutely no problem fitting my Jeep into any parking situation. I also spend a great deal of time in the North Georgia mountains, where I would not want to have any other vehicle.

I like my Wrangler
By Jmiville on 07/20/06 10:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought an 05 Wrangler used...I guess...it only had 3,000 miles on it. I traded in an 03 VW Golf. Sure, the gas mileage is very different, but on 80 degree plus days with the top down and the doors off, I somehow seem not to mind. My friends have Wranglers, and said the first New England winter where I pass some poor soul on the side of the road in a Golf who cant handle the snow on the roads will only make me smile as I pull him along with the jeep.

pretty good truck
By James on 06/08/06 12:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Jeep is fun. Great to park. Back is very small. A little hard riding but put the top down and you forget all about the ride. I would like to see a little more power out of the engine, might increase gas mileage. 6 cylinder is nice but needs more horsepower. Maybe with a stick it would be better but I got the automatic because of my wife.

Best Jeep Ever
By Rob on 05/19/06 19:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best it can get till the 2007 Unlimited comes. Drove both normal and Unlimited side by side and the ride difference was unbelievable.

Keeper
By Bumski on 05/04/06 21:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third Jeep, first Rubicon. If you are looking for a child hauling, store stopping SUV look somewhere else. This is the ultimate factory Jeep. Designed to go anywhere and return. So if your looking for an SUV for adventure, look no further! This is the perfect vehicle. It has taken me rock climbing, mud bogging, trail riding, and some fun in the snow. Never stuck, nothing broke. I'll pass this vehicle on to my kid one day.

beyond dangerous
By antonia nin on 04/29/06 17:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

In the past eight months that the Jeep has been with me it has had and still has these problems: abrupt vibration of the steering wheel and dash board. It feels like the Jeep is going to fall into pieces. The Jeep till this day accelerates on its own. Water gets in the vehicle and the rug smells afterwards. Under carriage is cover with rust. Rear seat would not fold down. Air conditioner vents stop working. The Jeep has been in dealer to resolve these problems but till this day most of the problems still exist.

3rd Wrangler I've owned
By Joe D on 04/15/06 11:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd Wrangler but the first I've owned with a 6 cylinder. It has much more torque; have to downshift less. Am getting used to the 6 speed manual which is a little more balky going into 6th or reverse than my 5 speed was. I have the larger wheel package and the traction in the snow is unsurpassed. Prior 2 Wranglers were very reliable.

Nothing Like It!
By Jason on 04/01/06 11:32 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

If you ever thought about getting a Jeep Wrangler, DO IT! You only live once and I can tell you it's worth every penny. I bought new in June 2005. Had the top down all summer. Not as hard as I thought to put back up (less than 5 minutes). Top seals up perfect for Autumn. This past winter I drove my girlfriend to work in a blizzard (biggest recorded in NYC). It handled great. I owned a 1984 CJ7 when I was 19. This Jeep is so much more civilized. I have an "X" edition with a Rocky Mountain package. LOVE IT.

the unlimited Jeep
By tmnavy on 03/12/06 06:48 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best Jeep ever, all that extra space and not losing any capability. I've had it for 2 months and gone everywhere and nothing stopped it.