2005 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Jeep Wrangler
By Dave on 12/05/04 12:09 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I Have always wanted a Jeep Wrangler. The fun to drive factor is a 10. What other vehicle can you have covertible and off road vehicle for the summer. Then have fun with everthing winter has to offer. The clubs and events all year long to see all the after market toys for your Jeep offer everything to make it everthing you want it to be.

Awesome Jeep
By Keats on 11/24/04 10:56 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have never owned a car I love more than my Jeep Rubicon. It is extremely fun to drive. I do get a little tired of strangers coming up to me in parking lots and asking me questions about it...

Ahhh the JEEP!
By Bob Dog on 11/24/04 09:56 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

At 68,000 miles it has been- Totally reliable, actually getting better mileage than rated for, a pure joy to drive. This is a vehicle that is F-U- N! Wow, very, very pleased. Its exactly as advertised. Rugged, dependable, all road and all weather capable. The on & off road vehicle of choice. PLUS, wow compact size and tight turning radius makes parking/driving in the big much more relaxing.

great fun
By jrainsa on 11/17/04 11:24 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

fun to drive, a bit noisy w/ soft top..but who cares!! its fun!! AND I GET LOTS OF LOOKS FROM OTHER DRIVERS..ITS GREAT

The original offroader, still the best.
By p bloom on 11/07/04 08:30 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

A little under powered with a 4 cyl. But it still pulls a trailer without much effort. Fun to drive. It was never built as a heavy road truck for the family covered with off road clothing.It was built for what it delivers.

My '05 TJ
By shook0002 on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Wrangler and 4th Jeep. These TJ's are a big improvement over YJ's ride quality and interior is great. People talk about road noise and slow steering, thats not what these are about. If you want a luxury car go buy a Caddy. The is not a cute-ute like a Honda CRV or Lexus, those have no off road potential. These Wranglers are one of the most reliable solid vehicles ever built and anyone with auto knowledge will tell you the 4.0 6cyl is one of the best engines ever made. There is no comparing these Jeeps to anything out there. No Honda, Suzuki(except the great Samurai), or anything of the like can compare to a Wrangler.

diffrential has to be replaced
By a mom on 10/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

2 weeks old, and the teeth on differential gears are broken, less than 650 mi on car, no off road, just city driving, and no guarantee on when we'll get it back

It can go anywhere.
By Samuel Turner on 10/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon is good for what you need it for; off road, driving in snow, etc. It has the original Jeep deign features of the open wheels, circular headlights and basic interior. The bucket seats do not have that much support, and the rear seats are heard to get into. The dashboard is made out of a cheap looking plastic, but it is more for keeping it clean easier. On the road it is good for an off-road vehicle, with a lot of road noise from the large tires, and a little wind noise from the box shape and convertible top. Fuel economy is ok, but could be improved. The 6 cylinder gives more torque than power, you can decently cruise at 30 mph in 5th gear with no trouble.

Jeep Unlimited: a step up in quality
By jdf on 10/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My 2000 Wrangler Sport was great, but this 2005 Unlimited is a quantum leap forward in build quality and comfort. The long wheelbase makes ride comfort really good. Almost bought a 2004 but could not do the 4 speed automatic tranny. I like to shift a manual in a Wrangler. So when 6 speed manual came in 2005 I bought as soon as I found what I wanted. Impact Orange color rocks...new gray soft top combo looks good. This is a daily driver for my wife and she loves it...course she drove the old Wrangler daily and liked it as well. First tank of fuel avg. 15.2 mpg. Not bad for this size SUV. Buy the manual tranny its the way to go.

I love my Jeep!
By JEEPSr4GIRLz on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Jeep. Excellent reliability..can go anywhere...do anything. The soft top is easy to take on and off by myself in approx 7 minutes. I bought with a soft windowed door....next time I will buy with roll up window only due to the fact that when it rains, water will not come in from having to fold the window in when at a drive thru, etc.