Used 2005 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2005 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

1st Jeep
By Dave

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I wish i would have bought one 10 years ago! It`s fun to drive. Short and compact. I usually trade my vehicles in every two to three years. I have a feeling I may keep this Jeep for many years.

Favorite Features

I like the old style look. I hope there are no plans to change it.

Suggested Improvements

The transfer case could be raised. Fuel economy. Perhaps better seats. I would not make a long trip in this vehicle.

Great car
By Kevin

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this thing. Will own it til it dies. The only thing I dislike is the gas mileage. But I enjoy the vehicle thoroughly.

Favorite Features

Convertible, ruggedness, capabilities.

Suggested Improvements

They should comprimise some trunk space and put more leg room in the back seat. It's very awkward

I finally found my car
By Karl

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned a G35 Coupe, a Mitsu Eclipse, an SUV, and this takes the cake. I've never had so much fun driving a car. Driving with the top down on a sunny day, I get more looks than I ever did in my fancy sports coupe. Once again, "It's a Jeep Thing". Yea the ride's a little rough, who cares?! I plan on keeping this baby for a long time.

Favorite Features

Hard Top/Soft top option, ease of getting soft top up/down (after some practice). Powerful A/C. Love that I have a Jeep in my yuppy neighborhood of Lexus SUVs. Driving with the top down.. and the JEEP WAVE! Extra space & better handling in Unlimited is great.

Suggested Improvements

ABS should be an option on ALL models, its insane they only offer it on Sport. Keep Solar Yellow color permanently. Offer some sort of armrest on the door.

Finally
By ANOTHERJOHN

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Top down. Hair blowin'. Shirt off. Senses Tingling. "Its a Jeep Thing" Finally, I bought a Jeep Wrangler, after years of yearning for one! Only thing I can say is "I", better yet, "my family LOVES IT!" With out a doubt, this is the perfect fun car, truck, SUV, whatever, for a family of four. I'm looking forward to taking a vacation to Pismo Beach, and drive the dunes to the ocean. Anyone looking for an outside toy, this is the one to buy!

Favorite Features

SunRider top. Comfortable ride. Great looks. Easy to shift to 4 wheel drive. Fun to drive. Did I mention SunRider top!

Suggested Improvements

Power driver and passenger windows.

Jeep Wrangler Review
By Eric

2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had this vehicle for a year, so far it has worked without a problem (knock on wood). Consumer Reports was disappointed with it. They were expecting a Lexus Sports Activity Vehicle with every computer enhanced stability control system. This is a vehicle designed to take a beating in the harshest environments and bring you home. It's not designed to drive you to yoga class in total comfort and burled walnut trim. The Wrangler will get you through 2 feet of snow & 2 feet of water without advanced yuppie technology. It was designed to ford water, and have 8.6" of ground clearance for off-road adventures. You can't do that in a Lexus. If you want a tough vehicle, go for the Wrangler not a Lux SUV.

Favorite Features

There is nothing like pulling people's $55k stabili-trak SUVs out of snow banks along the Garden State Parkway. The Jeep has utility in every corner, along with a full line of accessories such as storage racks, off road lights, heavy duty tools, travel gear and more all designed for the Jeep!

Suggested Improvements

Jeep should air a TV ad that shows an Infinity FX-45 going up a ski slope then sliding off the trail just as a Wrangler (which can actually climb a mountain) pulls up and winches the Fx- 45 to safety.