2005 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Of Course It's A Jeep Thing....
By Kmskimberly on 02/19/05 16:25 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Not only survived but conquered the 3 feet of snow in lovely New England. The gas mileage leaves much to be desired which is severely compounded by the fact that once you're in it all you want to do is drive. Great strength for the more difficult jobs and I love the shift on the fly instead of the hubs in my '86. Also glad they went back to the classic headlights. Once you get used to it, the soft top takes just a few minutes to handle. I'm glad they improved the suspension, and the heating system seems better as well. The seat is lowered a bit but can be raised later if you don't just get used to it. Careful of some blind spots and wind turbulance on the highway. Explore and Enjoy!

Jeep Rubicon's Rock
By Wrangler Rubicon on 02/19/05 14:14 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned 2 Jeep Wranglers and now a 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. This is the Cadillac of Jeep's. Although the gas mileage isn't great, the power and comfort that comes with the Rubicon are awesome. There is nothing like putting the soft-top down and cruising around on nice day. Also, when the weather gets bad, you won't find a more dependable vehicle. Another plus is being a part of the Jeep Wrangler family. When you pass another Wrangler owner, most of them will wave at you. I will always own at least 1 Jeep Wrangler for life...

nice jeep
By joseph r clementz on 02/18/05 14:19 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very nice Jeep; the new model handles good and the stereo is good. Wheels and options on the Unlimited are a good package

By John Brigman on 02/12/05 08:56 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I haven't had it long, but it has been a very fun vehicle to drive. I am looking forward to getting it on the beach.

Great piece of machinery
By shudawg7 on 02/10/05 16:11 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely LOVE driving this vehicle. It is everything I expected a Jeep to be. Rugged. Capable. Fun. I can't wait for summer - take the top off. It's a vehicle that has something for every season.

Rubicon Unlimited Owner
By Jefferson1964 on 01/31/05 09:49 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

So far so good with the Unlimited Rubicon. The ride is nice with the longer wheel base. This has also allowed me to put items in the back I would not have been able to in a standard Wrangler. The extra insulation in the Unlimited has really improved the interior cabin road noise. Minor wind/road noise from the soft top is all and still allows easy conversations.

There's Only One
By Connecticut Yankee on 01/29/05 13:47 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I wanted one since I was a teenager; waited twenty three years and it was worth the wait. If you buy a Wrangler, you buy it because it is the original SUV, and it is built to drive off-road as much as it is on-road. Convertible for three seasons, bulldozer in the winter (if you're in a part of the USA where there is winter weather). You don't buy a Wrangler because it's practical, you buy it because it's fun.

I LOVE MY JEEP
By CTJeepGuy on 01/29/05 09:57 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

the only thing I wish I could improve on my Jeep is the fuel economy. It's a little on the bad side. I usually get about 320 miles per a full tank, unless I push the RPM's above 3000. It's great in the snow, off road, backroads, highways. My kids love the jeep when we go to the beach and drop the top. The seats and interior are comfortable, and in the CT winter with a soft top the heaters works just fine. I LOVE MY JEEP!

Finally a Jeep!
By C Wisehart on 01/27/05 08:50 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just bought my first Wrangler yesterday and I love it. Owned a Liberty and gave it to the wife, now she wants this one. It handles like it should. The quality is outstanding and the design is proven and perfect. Not recomended to one desiring cushy creature comforts but I love it!

My First Jeep
By allencat on 01/15/05 08:27 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just got my first Jeep and I couldn't be any more pleased. In the first few days I took it through flooded roadways and it lives up to the name. Just like a dog with a little training it will go about any where and do almost anything. It is a blast - way better than my Mustang. I will never go back to the sports car.