Used 2005 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Excellent SUV
By Giantsfan

2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This Is the best car i ever owned. It is a lot of fun to drive, and it is so reliable. Nice 6 cylinder engine gets up to speed fast, amazing off roading.

Off roading and convertible.

Easier soft top.

freaking love it
By Corey

2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have wanted a Rubi ever since they came out of the factory. I owned an '88 Wrangler that I rebuilt from the frame up. Sad thing is that I built it almost exactly like what the Rubi has in it already. I've taken it on quite a few road trips so far and I must say, it is one cool ride. Top down with the air flying through your hair or top on with the A/C; either way, provides plenty of power and head turning ability that make it a Jeep.

The 6 speed makes a lot of sense. A/C is a great comfort on the real hot days. I love the ability to go "topless". And of course, factory 31X10.50s with Moab rims make it look great. Off road ability a definite plus also. Love being in two feet of mud and being able to drive right out like it was pavement.

I travel on the interstate a lot and I wish that 6th gear was a bit taller to lower the cruising RPMs. Gas mileage stinks, it's like driving a fridge through a hurricane. Also, it would be nice if they could move the speaker wedges to the front of the rollbar. I also would enjoy keyless entry.

great vehicle
By kennedysaura

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Lots of fun around town or off-road, family enjoys local day trips when the weather is just right. Very easy to use 5-speed manual transmission, operation of interior buttons is simple and are a good size (important since the Wrangler is not the smoothest ride). I have just the hard top option, should of gone with the soft top. I was 50 miles away from my home with the top off in the middle of a rain storm. The extra noise from soft top is worth the extra freedom of Michigan weather. I very much enjoy the Wrangler and hope to have it for the next twenty years or so.

My doors have been off for about two months in a row now and it just a great open air feeling. VERY simple design, able to add on almost any accessories that money can buy from many different shops.

Side mirrors on body not doors. (I have been without side mirrors for two months also). Maybe it's my driving habits, but my stock tires are about 3/4 used up with 18,000 on them. Cost of accessories is high.

Fun in New Mexico
By Joe

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the most fun I've had with any vehicle. It is perfect for the wilds of New Mexico.

4 wheel drive, soft top, sunrider, and the ability to go anywhere.

None

2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport
By PrdAmrican

2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my Wrangler Sport since October of 2004. It is without exception the most fun vehicle I have ever owned. Probably the most modifiable vehicle in existence, it can be customized to meet the owners own personality. A go anywhere vehicle that looks good getting there.

4x4, small manueverable, easy to park, variety of tops (plus you can remove it completely, lots of modifications available.

More engine options. While the 4.0 6 is more than enough for adventure, a V- 8 would make towing easier.