2005 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: 05 jeep unlimited

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Review

05 jeep unlimited
By hankmiestro on

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my 05 unlimited (bought new). But it has very poor build quality. I have had to replace u-joints and sway-bars almost every oil change. Also the heater unit has broken twice and the cd player once. Another drag is the finish on the wheels has peeled off making them look terrible. All problems have happen literally 1 month after warranty was up, totaling some hefty bills. O yea and the starter motor had to be replaced (but that was covered by warranty). I consider these types of jeeps as toys or secondary vehicles. There just not practical enough for any serious amount of driving. If you're a young guy who doesn't drive a lot (like me) it an ok choice. Most people haven't had an many problems as me.

Sound system,cargo room,good power,exhaust note,looks great, taking top and doors off is awesome,chicks LOVE it they literally beg for a ride (especially with the top off), almost impossible to get stuck, fun to drive (in town)

make u-joints and sway bars MUCH STRONGER, gas mileage is horrible, soft top is completely useless,makes scary noises and has hard time starting during winter time,very prone to rusting,harsh ride,loud on highway,HORRIBLE headlights, lot of wind noises even with hardtop