Used 2005 Jeep Wrangler SE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

pretty good truck
By James

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Jeep is fun. Great to park. Back is very small. A little hard riding but put the top down and you forget all about the ride. I would like to see a little more power out of the engine, might increase gas mileage. 6 cylinder is nice but needs more horsepower. Maybe with a stick it would be better but I got the automatic because of my wife.

Softtop.

More horsepower, smoother ride.

I LOVE MY NEW JEEP
By Bikergal18

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have been wanting one forever, so I broke down and got a Wrangler. It is everything I wanted. Being a Honda person, it was a bit of a leap, but well worth it. We will see if long term reliability will be a problem. I went basic with the SE, but then a Jeep is not a luxury vehicle. Not great for lots of highway travel, but also not as bad as I expected. Luckily I have a short commute. Soft Top is a snap to get up and down, and perfect for Cape Cod in the summer! I went automatic, full metal doors, and A/C. Came standard with CD player and back seat. What more could you want? After all the snow last winter, I can't wait for the 4WD.

Soft Top is the greatest. Jeep wave! You certainly have joined a community when you buy a Jeep. I have always liked my Hondas, but I love the Yellow Wrangler.

Ok, so I could complain about gas mileage, but I knew that going in. Other than that, it is perfect.

My Jeep
By Rob Austin

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

So far I'm getting about 19 mpg. The ride is a little stiff but fun. My only dislike is that I decided to get the 4 cylinder for gas mileage. For performance, that was not the best idea. This vehicle is slow.

Easy to remove top and if I don't want to remove the top, I can just remove the door windows and the rear window.

Give this thing more power.

2003 Jeep Wrangler SE
By Alex Ham

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I love my Wrangler. It's fun to drive and it will handle just about anything I want it to. Nothing beats driving with the top down on a clear,warm night. Taking it through mud and sand is just plain fun. Slap on some great All Terrain tires and you have one nice looking vehicle on your hands. Jeep owners are die hard fans of their vehicles. You can't find that with any other vehicle. Wranglers last longer than most vehicles if they are well taken care of. What more could you ask for.

4 wheel drive. Soft top (it takes less than 3 or 4 minutes to take down).

Fuel economy is awful, especially with the gas prices at this time.

I LOVE MY JEEP
By CTJeepGuy

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

the only thing I wish I could improve on my Jeep is the fuel economy. It's a little on the bad side. I usually get about 320 miles per a full tank, unless I push the RPM's above 3000. It's great in the snow, off road, backroads, highways. My kids love the jeep when we go to the beach and drop the top. The seats and interior are comfortable, and in the CT winter with a soft top the heaters works just fine. I LOVE MY JEEP!

Off road capabilities, easy upgrades.

Fuel economy.