2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Great Used Jeep
By Tinker on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought it used and I am loving everything about it. The only thing that I have had a problem with is the zipper with the back window coming off.

05 jeep unlimited
By hankmiestro on 04/15/10 09:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my 05 unlimited (bought new). But it has very poor build quality. I have had to replace u-joints and sway-bars almost every oil change. Also the heater unit has broken twice and the cd player once. Another drag is the finish on the wheels has peeled off making them look terrible. All problems have happen literally 1 month after warranty was up, totaling some hefty bills. O yea and the starter motor had to be replaced (but that was covered by warranty). I consider these types of jeeps as toys or secondary vehicles. There just not practical enough for any serious amount of driving. If you're a young guy who doesn't drive a lot (like me) it an ok choice. Most people haven't had an many problems as me.

as expected
By rayeldon on 10/08/09 16:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I feel that it has been exactly what was expected. Fun to bop around in. I do not drive it much. Prob. 300 miles per mo. The last two mileage checks showed 12, and 13 mpg. I knew it would be horrible. Did not think it would be quite this poor. My neighbor has a newer V6, and gets much better mileage. Family raised, did not like the looks of the 4 door unlimited. Oh well.

The Beast
By eknotot on 11/05/08 23:38 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I been all over the world (literally) through all different types of weather in my Jeep. Hawaii -> California -> Germany -> France -> and now back in Cali. From the humidity in Hawaii to the freezing temperatures and snow in Germany, it always runs like a Beast. The extra cargo room in the back is a big plus. You can easily throw in 2 12s if you want. It always runs solid no matter what kind of terrain you are in. As long as you take care of your Jeep, your Jeep will take care of you. IT'S A JEEP THANG! Mods: Rubicon Express Super Flex 2 1/2" lift ProComp wheels Nitto Terra Grappler A/T tires K&N CAI Spintech exhaust Die Hard Gold battery (highly recommended)

Can I get a woot woot?
By Eggs on 05/25/07 05:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this Jeep! Ok, so this is the coolest ride. It is, however, not that great on gas. However, I look forward to getting into it every day and driving to work or out to do errands. The extra cargo space in the back is great for groceries and such - bigger than one would think. Overall, really, really happy with this rig.

It's a JEEP thing
By Andie on 01/28/07 14:48 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this rig! I have actually taken it to a JEEP JAM in Maine and it did great with the stock package. The only flaw in the interior design that I see is the cupholder placement.

Best Jeep Ever
By Rob on 05/19/06 19:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best it can get till the 2007 Unlimited comes. Drove both normal and Unlimited side by side and the ride difference was unbelievable.

the unlimited Jeep
By tmnavy on 03/12/06 06:48 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best Jeep ever, all that extra space and not losing any capability. I've had it for 2 months and gone everywhere and nothing stopped it.

Dual purpose
By Kevin on 01/05/06 11:51 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've wanted a Jeep as long as I can remember and the Unlimited finally made it practicable. The ride is good for an SUV - the longer wheelbase helps a bunch, the extra storage room in back is reasonable. It's my all-weather convertible with removable hardtop. It's been trouble free so far. Love it.

Why didn't I buy one sooner?
By Jim on 09/16/05 17:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My Wrangler Unlimited has brought my love of driving back. What other vehicle excites you enough to make you think about it all day at work? What other vehicle makes you feel like a kid again ... you know right after getting your first new bike when all you do is daydream about being on it? Here's my stress relief even with today's higher gas prices; hey, we all need a vice, right? Mine is spending money on gas but the fun it returns is well worth it! After work, top down, drive home with cool breeze and tunes flowing, dinner, get the kids and wife loaded in, drive the country back roads flying over bumps and raising dust to a small town ice cream shop. Drive home with stars above; kids asleep.