2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Faults IGNORED by company
By docjaime on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overall I love driving my Jeep. The idea of it is exactly what I want, the execution is lacking.

The Mud
By ArmyDoc115 on 05/05/10 08:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely LOVE my Jeep! This is the 4th I've owned. The 1st was an 85 CJ. There is nothing like a Jeep. Period. They're absolutely a BLAST to drive, they look amazing, get attention everywhere, and the 4.0 6 cyl is unstoppable. If you're concerned about gas mileage, a Wrangler isn't for you. The fun factor and satisfaction of the Jeep is a worthwhile payoff in my book. I average 13 mpg, but I don't care because I LOVE my Jeep. I can haul my Harley in the trailer on the highway. Not fast, but I can do it! Road noise, loud top, stiff ride. So what! It's a Jeep, what do you expect? It's all part of the experience. Unlimited possibilities to customize it and make it YOUR Jeep.

Was a nice car
By Melissa on 04/16/10 13:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought brand new at the end of 05, and drove it till my teen wrecked it 2010. They really are prone to flipping over belly up. Had it when it first had 200 miles on it till 49k miles. Only troubles we had was with the rotors. Had them replaced,or resurfaced every 6 months or so. It would shimmy as slowing down from high speed. Never had any other mechanical trouble with it stalling, not starting, it was very dependable. Was a gas guzzler, and for me the the windows and top were a pain to take off and remove. Id still be driving it now, and I miss it.

Happy Jeep Owner
By ColJessepUSMC on 02/13/10 16:30 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this Jeep Wrangler X with special Rocky Mountain package right out of showroom. Never been sorry. This is a head turner,all silver w/black accents. Matted to 6speed Mercedes trany,can't beat tourque. Soft top still in great shape after 4 1/2 years.Take the doors off and you never want to get out of it. Took it to Camp Jeep 2006 in stock mode. Over 3000 jeep owners and there families. What a great experience. Drove thru mud,creeks,and trails. I drive this as a daily driver,average 18mpg(mostly hwy). Don't like it??Buy a hybrid! This is for people like me who on a snowy NYC day,don't want to shovel. Engage 4wd and blast out of the parking space! Bury me in this when i die.

Its a Jeep
By Jeepster0202 on 01/09/10 20:43 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

After 3 other jeeps, my fourth will be my last of the newer jeeps, I traded up from a 98 to this 05, and cant get over how bad the gas mileage is, i have had all 4 cylinder jeeps and only regretted not having power, now i wish i had the mileage! Alot of Rattles in these, to many plastic pieces and clips,water leaks at body seams, and way to small. Basically if you want something fun, with for wheel drive and endless supply of aftermarket parts buy this! If you want comfort,and gas mileage this is not for you!

3 years later, still lovin' my Wrangler!
By Amber on 02/01/08 17:46 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2005 Jeep Wrangler X brand new in June 2005 (it only had 21 miles on it). I have never regretted purchasing this vehicle. It was everything I expected and more. Plus, Wrangler drivers are the friendliest people I have ever met! Its easy to drive, easy to judge, easy to park, and easy on the eyes. And believe it or not it can hold an infant seat and stroller in the standard wheel-base model with no problem, just a little creativity. I drive my Jeep 40 miles each day and still wouldn't trade it for anything!

My 2nd Wrangler and lovin it!
By gayjeepboy on 08/27/06 18:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 97 Wrangler Sport and had to sell it and regretted it. After 3 years of searching, I finally found my new 05 Wrangler "X". I love this car but it is not a vehicle for everyone. A lot of the used Wranglers I encountered had very low miles indicating to me that the owners did not know what they were buying. For me it is the perfect Southern CA car - easy to park and maneuver, fun for beach cruising, and an all around blast.! It does not ride like a car so if you don't like a harder ride this isn't for you. Unlike most Jeep buyers I have no intention of taking this off road. For me it is my fun car and I cannot recommend it highly enough. If you are even thinking of getting one - GO FOR IT.

I like my Wrangler
By Jmiville on 07/20/06 10:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought an 05 Wrangler used...I guess...it only had 3,000 miles on it. I traded in an 03 VW Golf. Sure, the gas mileage is very different, but on 80 degree plus days with the top down and the doors off, I somehow seem not to mind. My friends have Wranglers, and said the first New England winter where I pass some poor soul on the side of the road in a Golf who cant handle the snow on the roads will only make me smile as I pull him along with the jeep.

beyond dangerous
By antonia nin on 04/29/06 17:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

In the past eight months that the Jeep has been with me it has had and still has these problems: abrupt vibration of the steering wheel and dash board. It feels like the Jeep is going to fall into pieces. The Jeep till this day accelerates on its own. Water gets in the vehicle and the rug smells afterwards. Under carriage is cover with rust. Rear seat would not fold down. Air conditioner vents stop working. The Jeep has been in dealer to resolve these problems but till this day most of the problems still exist.

Nothing Like It!
By Jason on 04/01/06 11:32 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

If you ever thought about getting a Jeep Wrangler, DO IT! You only live once and I can tell you it's worth every penny. I bought new in June 2005. Had the top down all summer. Not as hard as I thought to put back up (less than 5 minutes). Top seals up perfect for Autumn. This past winter I drove my girlfriend to work in a blizzard (biggest recorded in NYC). It handled great. I owned a 1984 CJ7 when I was 19. This Jeep is so much more civilized. I have an "X" edition with a Rocky Mountain package. LOVE IT.