2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
pretty good truck
By James on 06/08/06 12:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Jeep is fun. Great to park. Back is very small. A little hard riding but put the top down and you forget all about the ride. I would like to see a little more power out of the engine, might increase gas mileage. 6 cylinder is nice but needs more horsepower. Maybe with a stick it would be better but I got the automatic because of my wife.

I LOVE MY NEW JEEP
By Bikergal18 on 09/12/05 11:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have been wanting one forever, so I broke down and got a Wrangler. It is everything I wanted. Being a Honda person, it was a bit of a leap, but well worth it. We will see if long term reliability will be a problem. I went basic with the SE, but then a Jeep is not a luxury vehicle. Not great for lots of highway travel, but also not as bad as I expected. Luckily I have a short commute. Soft Top is a snap to get up and down, and perfect for Cape Cod in the summer! I went automatic, full metal doors, and A/C. Came standard with CD player and back seat. What more could you want? After all the snow last winter, I can't wait for the 4WD.

My Jeep
By Rob Austin on 05/27/05 11:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

So far I'm getting about 19 mpg. The ride is a little stiff but fun. My only dislike is that I decided to get the 4 cylinder for gas mileage. For performance, that was not the best idea. This vehicle is slow.

2003 Jeep Wrangler SE
By Alex Ham on 04/07/05 01:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I love my Wrangler. It's fun to drive and it will handle just about anything I want it to. Nothing beats driving with the top down on a clear,warm night. Taking it through mud and sand is just plain fun. Slap on some great All Terrain tires and you have one nice looking vehicle on your hands. Jeep owners are die hard fans of their vehicles. You can't find that with any other vehicle. Wranglers last longer than most vehicles if they are well taken care of. What more could you ask for.

I LOVE MY JEEP
By CTJeepGuy on 01/29/05 09:57 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

the only thing I wish I could improve on my Jeep is the fuel economy. It's a little on the bad side. I usually get about 320 miles per a full tank, unless I push the RPM's above 3000. It's great in the snow, off road, backroads, highways. My kids love the jeep when we go to the beach and drop the top. The seats and interior are comfortable, and in the CT winter with a soft top the heaters works just fine. I LOVE MY JEEP!

Ahhh the JEEP!
By Bob Dog on 11/24/04 09:56 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

At 68,000 miles it has been- Totally reliable, actually getting better mileage than rated for, a pure joy to drive. This is a vehicle that is F-U- N! Wow, very, very pleased. Its exactly as advertised. Rugged, dependable, all road and all weather capable. The on & off road vehicle of choice. PLUS, wow compact size and tight turning radius makes parking/driving in the big much more relaxing.

great fun
By jrainsa on 11/17/04 11:24 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

fun to drive, a bit noisy w/ soft top..but who cares!! its fun!! AND I GET LOTS OF LOOKS FROM OTHER DRIVERS..ITS GREAT

The original offroader, still the best.
By p bloom on 11/07/04 08:30 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

A little under powered with a 4 cyl. But it still pulls a trailer without much effort. Fun to drive. It was never built as a heavy road truck for the family covered with off road clothing.It was built for what it delivers.

Jeep Wrangler--A must have
By Busted2084 on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I absolutely love my Jeep Wrangler. When I sat in one for the first time, I just knew it was going to be a great ride. Some think that they rollover for pretty much no reason at all--not true. Wranglers have an excellent turning radius, and sensitive steering. Rollovers mostlikely occur from over correction and high speeds, not just from turning. I recommend everyone go out and test drive one if they haven't already.