2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Faults IGNORED by company
By docjaime on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overall I love driving my Jeep. The idea of it is exactly what I want, the execution is lacking.

Great Used Jeep
By Tinker on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought it used and I am loving everything about it. The only thing that I have had a problem with is the zipper with the back window coming off.

Fun to drive
By bill pierce on 05/26/10 14:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first jeep, so I didn't know what to expect. Every chance I get the rag top and doors come off. The mileage is what was listed on the factory window sticker. I get 15 to 19 mpg with my jeep, and I do not baby it. With the 6 cyl engine it has all the power I need. I tow a small boat and also an 8 ft trailer on occasion. I tow it behind my motor home which is very convenient. I recently towed it to Big Bend where I spend 4 days of off roading. Performance was exactly what I expected. I would certainly buy another.

The Mud
By ArmyDoc115 on 05/05/10 08:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely LOVE my Jeep! This is the 4th I've owned. The 1st was an 85 CJ. There is nothing like a Jeep. Period. They're absolutely a BLAST to drive, they look amazing, get attention everywhere, and the 4.0 6 cyl is unstoppable. If you're concerned about gas mileage, a Wrangler isn't for you. The fun factor and satisfaction of the Jeep is a worthwhile payoff in my book. I average 13 mpg, but I don't care because I LOVE my Jeep. I can haul my Harley in the trailer on the highway. Not fast, but I can do it! Road noise, loud top, stiff ride. So what! It's a Jeep, what do you expect? It's all part of the experience. Unlimited possibilities to customize it and make it YOUR Jeep.

Was a nice car
By Melissa on 04/16/10 13:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought brand new at the end of 05, and drove it till my teen wrecked it 2010. They really are prone to flipping over belly up. Had it when it first had 200 miles on it till 49k miles. Only troubles we had was with the rotors. Had them replaced,or resurfaced every 6 months or so. It would shimmy as slowing down from high speed. Never had any other mechanical trouble with it stalling, not starting, it was very dependable. Was a gas guzzler, and for me the the windows and top were a pain to take off and remove. Id still be driving it now, and I miss it.

05 jeep unlimited
By hankmiestro on 04/15/10 09:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my 05 unlimited (bought new). But it has very poor build quality. I have had to replace u-joints and sway-bars almost every oil change. Also the heater unit has broken twice and the cd player once. Another drag is the finish on the wheels has peeled off making them look terrible. All problems have happen literally 1 month after warranty was up, totaling some hefty bills. O yea and the starter motor had to be replaced (but that was covered by warranty). I consider these types of jeeps as toys or secondary vehicles. There just not practical enough for any serious amount of driving. If you're a young guy who doesn't drive a lot (like me) it an ok choice. Most people haven't had an many problems as me.

WOOHOO!!!
By Master Blaster on 02/16/10 19:07 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Entered the military, in 1984, and got to drive the last of the iconic M151- A2's. Even with it's rollover issues, 25 years later, even after driving HMMWV (Hummers), Ford Broncos, and other 4x4 pickups, I returned to an '05 Wrangler Sport. I am NOT disappointed. I love driving it!!! Yes, the soft top is noisy, and no it doesn't get the best gas mileage, but if you've ever driven a vehicle of this sort, you know to turn the stereo up until you can't hear the road noise anymore! Plenty of pep, with the I6, sporty feel, go anywhere, I'm begging my wife, like a kid with a new driver's license, to go and get milk and bread! If you want quiet and style, buy a Honda. "It's a JEEP thing!"

Happy Jeep Owner
By ColJessepUSMC on 02/13/10 16:30 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this Jeep Wrangler X with special Rocky Mountain package right out of showroom. Never been sorry. This is a head turner,all silver w/black accents. Matted to 6speed Mercedes trany,can't beat tourque. Soft top still in great shape after 4 1/2 years.Take the doors off and you never want to get out of it. Took it to Camp Jeep 2006 in stock mode. Over 3000 jeep owners and there families. What a great experience. Drove thru mud,creeks,and trails. I drive this as a daily driver,average 18mpg(mostly hwy). Don't like it??Buy a hybrid! This is for people like me who on a snowy NYC day,don't want to shovel. Engage 4wd and blast out of the parking space! Bury me in this when i die.

Its a Jeep
By Jeepster0202 on 01/09/10 20:43 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

After 3 other jeeps, my fourth will be my last of the newer jeeps, I traded up from a 98 to this 05, and cant get over how bad the gas mileage is, i have had all 4 cylinder jeeps and only regretted not having power, now i wish i had the mileage! Alot of Rattles in these, to many plastic pieces and clips,water leaks at body seams, and way to small. Basically if you want something fun, with for wheel drive and endless supply of aftermarket parts buy this! If you want comfort,and gas mileage this is not for you!

as expected
By rayeldon on 10/08/09 16:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I feel that it has been exactly what was expected. Fun to bop around in. I do not drive it much. Prob. 300 miles per mo. The last two mileage checks showed 12, and 13 mpg. I knew it would be horrible. Did not think it would be quite this poor. My neighbor has a newer V6, and gets much better mileage. Family raised, did not like the looks of the 4 door unlimited. Oh well.