2005 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
wicked awesome!
By deliveryboy1 on 03/18/09 11:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My 3rd Jeep. I've owned 2 Cherokee's and I'm loving my wrangler. Nothing stops it, snow, rain, mud. I live in nh and we get a bunch of snow and I go out to drive in it for fun! Ain't great when it comes to fuel economy, but what do you expect from a 4k Pound square going down the road. Mine is stock and still keeps up with friends who have lift kits when off road.

It's a tank!
By fistfullofsteel on 07/08/08 21:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Go anywhere except past a gas station, hard to get kid out of the back due to 2 door, nothing better come winter though.

Rocky Mountain Edition Wrangler
By PKey on 01/31/06 08:14 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned 4 Wranglers and will own nothing else. Love 'em!

Unlimited Rubicon
By unlim rubicon w/6 sp on 07/28/05 15:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've only owned this vehicle for a couple of weeks but it is more than what I anticipated. Given the expected ride and noise levels of prior models the unlimited version is much quieter and rides much more smoothly. If you are in the market for a Jeep I would encourage you to go for the Unlimited Rubicon vs ANY of the others. The price differential is minimal given whta you get.

Garbage
By Steve on 07/27/05 17:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle is for the off road consumer. It rides poorly on the road and feels like it jumps around when you take a turn and hit a bump. I purchased it brand new and the dash squeaks (dealership said that is how they are from the factory). You can see the spot welds on the rear quarter panels. (again ok to Jeep's standards). Weld marks on the doors not ground down, just painted over. (again ok with Jeep).

fun ride
By doug on 07/27/05 05:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fun to drive and very capable off road. I like the ease of folding the top down and the availability of aftermarket accessories.

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
By Mark on 02/26/05 11:03 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the 5th Jeep I've owned. I have so much fun going places most people only get to look at in a book. The Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon is extremely capable anywhere I have taken it off-road and very quiet and fun to drive on- road also.

Rubicon Unlimited Owner
By Jefferson1964 on 01/31/05 09:49 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

So far so good with the Unlimited Rubicon. The ride is nice with the longer wheel base. This has also allowed me to put items in the back I would not have been able to in a standard Wrangler. The extra insulation in the Unlimited has really improved the interior cabin road noise. Minor wind/road noise from the soft top is all and still allows easy conversations.

Great Fun Vehicle out of the Box
By Jethro1964 on 12/18/04 10:52 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have been waiting for a stretched Wrangler and here it is and I'm impressed. Drives very good and just love the 4 speed auto, the way to go in city traffic. The extra cargo area lets me carry the family and all our stuff without sacrificing comfort.