2005 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Fun to drive
By bill pierce on 05/26/10 14:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first jeep, so I didn't know what to expect. Every chance I get the rag top and doors come off. The mileage is what was listed on the factory window sticker. I get 15 to 19 mpg with my jeep, and I do not baby it. With the 6 cyl engine it has all the power I need. I tow a small boat and also an 8 ft trailer on occasion. I tow it behind my motor home which is very convenient. I recently towed it to Big Bend where I spend 4 days of off roading. Performance was exactly what I expected. I would certainly buy another.

WOOHOO!!!
By Master Blaster on 02/16/10 19:07 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Entered the military, in 1984, and got to drive the last of the iconic M151- A2's. Even with it's rollover issues, 25 years later, even after driving HMMWV (Hummers), Ford Broncos, and other 4x4 pickups, I returned to an '05 Wrangler Sport. I am NOT disappointed. I love driving it!!! Yes, the soft top is noisy, and no it doesn't get the best gas mileage, but if you've ever driven a vehicle of this sort, you know to turn the stereo up until you can't hear the road noise anymore! Plenty of pep, with the I6, sporty feel, go anywhere, I'm begging my wife, like a kid with a new driver's license, to go and get milk and bread! If you want quiet and style, buy a Honda. "It's a JEEP thing!"

(J)ust (E)mpty (E)very (P)ocket
By RandomGuy32 on 02/21/09 19:21 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Got my 3rd Jeep (1st brand new one) when I was 25 and still single. Outfitted with lift, tires, all kinds of hitches and attachments for kayaks, mountain bikes, and surfboards. Never had any problems of any kind. Fun to drive and easy to park anywhere. Awesome in both snow and the desert. Now I'm almost 30 with a pregnant wife and twins on the way and its time to move on. Just not practical to keep for 'family' adventures anymore. Not enough room for wife, kids, dog, stuff, and my toys even with all the expensive accessories. Time for a truck. Would still recommend this to anyone who's not worried about $5 gas in the near future. Lotta fun for young single guys or cool old retired dudes.

Do NOT buy a JEEP
By herman on 09/13/07 11:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased a 2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport with 4wd and the inline straight six cylinder motor used with only 1400 miles on the odometer. It looked so great sitting at the dealership I had to have it.(Despite all the warnings about Chrysler products) This was the worst vehicle I ever bought. The fuel economy was terrible for such a small vehicle with hardly enough room for 4 people and no cargo space whatsoever. I suggest all families to stay far away from this vehicle because there is no room for anything. It was very loud to drive and the soft top was very noisy. Also if you plan to go over 60 mph be ready to hear the wind. I quickly traded it back in after 4 lousy months.

None better.
By tyrus on 08/04/06 10:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The Jeep TJ is possibly the finest American vehicle ever produced. I will be a Jeep owner for life. I live in the city and have absolutely no problem fitting my Jeep into any parking situation. I also spend a great deal of time in the North Georgia mountains, where I would not want to have any other vehicle.

3rd Wrangler I've owned
By Joe D on 04/15/06 11:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd Wrangler but the first I've owned with a 6 cylinder. It has much more torque; have to downshift less. Am getting used to the 6 speed manual which is a little more balky going into 6th or reverse than my 5 speed was. I have the larger wheel package and the traction in the snow is unsurpassed. Prior 2 Wranglers were very reliable.

Excellent SUV
By Giantsfan on 08/24/05 15:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This Is the best car i ever owned. It is a lot of fun to drive, and it is so reliable. Nice 6 cylinder engine gets up to speed fast, amazing off roading.

2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport
By PrdAmrican on 08/14/05 19:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my Wrangler Sport since October of 2004. It is without exception the most fun vehicle I have ever owned. Probably the most modifiable vehicle in existence, it can be customized to meet the owners own personality. A go anywhere vehicle that looks good getting there.

Myboyblue
By MyBoyBlue on 06/28/05 15:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This has been the most enjoyable car I have ever driven. I can feel the road underneath me and I am the one in control, not my car. Some people complain about the gas mileage and the ride, but they should have researched this before they bought it. Those are the reasons the rest of us Jeepers buy them. Looking in, and envy. Looking out, and understanding. It's a Jeep Thing.

I'm hooked
By Jack on 04/20/05 23:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I'm on my third Wrangler now and won't buy anything else. I love the rugged exterior look along with its long history. There's nothing like taking the top down and doors off. I highly recommend this vehicle. I've already got my sister-in-law and a co-worker to buy one. There are endless ways to accessorize and personalize your Wrangler to your style. Wranglers are very reliable with vast improvements over the years. You'll never go a day without seeing one on the streets.