Used 2005 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2005 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Love my jeep
By David

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my jeep, don't get me wrong I have spent a lot of money in aftermarket parts, lift, wheels & tires, bumpers, lights, etc. But I love to drive this vehicle

Faults IGNORED by company
By docjaime

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overall I love driving my Jeep. The idea of it is exactly what I want, the execution is lacking.

Ability to open. Don't feel the need to bother locking it. Turning radius. Can drive anywhere.

Known manufacturer defects are being ignored and they are safety features. The clutch safety switch and the fuel roll over valve are known to fail quickly and are super costly to replace as you must replace the whole clutch or fuel tank. These are safety features Jeep should fix for free!

Great Used Jeep
By Tinker

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought it used and I am loving everything about it. The only thing that I have had a problem with is the zipper with the back window coming off.

Top off, size of the extend truck.

Better zippers and gas.

Fun to drive
By bill pierce

2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first jeep, so I didn't know what to expect. Every chance I get the rag top and doors come off. The mileage is what was listed on the factory window sticker. I get 15 to 19 mpg with my jeep, and I do not baby it. With the 6 cyl engine it has all the power I need. I tow a small boat and also an 8 ft trailer on occasion. I tow it behind my motor home which is very convenient. I recently towed it to Big Bend where I spend 4 days of off roading. Performance was exactly what I expected. I would certainly buy another.

The cloth top and easily removable doors. It is to much fun to drive. Easy to rig up for towing.

Set the rear seat back a couple inches. I know that would place it very close to the rear door, but I never carry anything back there.

The Mud
By ArmyDoc115

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely LOVE my Jeep! This is the 4th I've owned. The 1st was an 85 CJ. There is nothing like a Jeep. Period. They're absolutely a BLAST to drive, they look amazing, get attention everywhere, and the 4.0 6 cyl is unstoppable. If you're concerned about gas mileage, a Wrangler isn't for you. The fun factor and satisfaction of the Jeep is a worthwhile payoff in my book. I average 13 mpg, but I don't care because I LOVE my Jeep. I can haul my Harley in the trailer on the highway. Not fast, but I can do it! Road noise, loud top, stiff ride. So what! It's a Jeep, what do you expect? It's all part of the experience. Unlimited possibilities to customize it and make it YOUR Jeep.

Everything. Removable doors, removeable top, 4wd is incredible in these, inline 6 cyl is a beast. It's not fast but damn is it strong! Everything about a Jeep is fun. Except the price at the fuel pump, but oh well! Totally worth it. If you think you'd like one, GET one! You won't be disappointed!

Gas mileage, more horsepower. Other than that I've got no complaints about my Jeep (or any of the 3 I've owned previously).