2004 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: William's Jeep

2004 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

Sahara Convertible SUV (4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual)

William's Jeep
By William Weaver on

2004 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have been very satisfied overall with this vehicle. It is fun to drive, and having the 4WD available, though I have yet to use it, gives me piece of mind. I gave it a 9 for comfort due to the lack of a door arm rest, which really is not a problem as the center console is there. I gave it a 6 for fuel economy because its 15-19 mpg is reminiscent of the 80's era vehicles. It has had, as yet, no mechanical or body work though I do intend to add the tow bar, which I think should be standard given the lack of trunk space with passengers aboard. While I think I will never part with it, I am also pleased with the TMV and resale value.

Overall aesthetics rank very high. I like the temp. & direction display on the rear view mirror. Cruise control is valuable on the California highways. I am also very impressed with the performance of the 4.0L straight 6 engine.

Make the tow bar standard. Gotta try to work on that mpg thing, though I am happy to sacrifice it for the 4WD performance capabilities.