2004 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: Poorer quality compared to 200

2004 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

X Convertible SUV (4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual)

Poorer quality compared to 2003
By BRIANW710 on

2004 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

After less than 150 miles the rear brakes were making a metal to metal grinding noise. When I took it back to the dealer the service manager said, "It was driven with the parking brake on" (exact words). And the mechanic said, "Well, I prepped it and I didn't have the brake on." WHAT DO THEY THINK I AM? AN IDIOT? They had to order the replacement brake pads. When I returned the new pads were defective! Talk about standing behind your product. Not very good on poor highways. Had the tires knocked out of balanced twice within 1000 miles. I'm actually discouraged by my treatment by the service people. And I'm looking to get rid of it.

The unique fact that it's a Jeep and there are no comparable vehicles.

Be sure to have it serviced by people with integrity. Hood lock would be nice since every other vehicle made nowadays has one. "They could put a man on the moon. But they can't put a hood lock on a Jeep." Make things like dual top, ABS, foglights etc. standard.