I Like It, I Love It, I Want More of IT
By Rubicon on
2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)
I have had a number of cars in my 52 years, but none that I love more than my 2004 Rubicon. I loved the feeling of freedom with the Safari top in the summer and the warmth and security of the hardtop in the winter. I like putting my camping gear in the back and heading off to the back country in search of my Shangri La. I love the feeling of power driving through the loose sands of the Great Sand Dunes National Park and locking the Dana 44s when the going gets tough. Apparently someone else liked my Rubicon as well, because they hijacked it from my drive Wed. night. It feels like my best friend is lost. I want my Rubi back!
Favorite Features
I love the way the back end of a Wrangler whips around when you are parking or negotiating corners. I love the strength and power when climbing the vertical stuff. I like the responsiveness of the flat head 6 cylinder engine. I love it's rugged, independent look. What's not to like?
Suggested Improvements
Come on, couldn't you do something about that gas mileage? The hard top is just a little hard to unbolt without dropping the nuts, especially the front bolts by the door mounts. Couldn't you design a way to remove the doors without damaging the paint? A swing away gate for the spare would be nice.