Fun Weekends, horrible daily driver.
By Keith on
2004 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)
It's nice to go off roading, but it gets old quick, and I bought a second vehicle because it is simply impossible to live with on a daily basis. The MANUAL tranny had a factory defect and needed replaced ... all while the dealer took 3 weeks and provided no rental car, so I spent my Christmas and New Years with a $426 payment and no car! The vehicle had a fender bender too, and never ran right since, despite being fixed 3 times more. My driveshaft parts are very rusty, even though I live in one of the driest deserts on earth! The constant vibration on the freeway is the true reason I am trading this vehicle in, despite the loss I'll take. If you really want one, save $$$, buy used!
Favorite Features
The dual axles come standard, no other vehicle can give you 4WD for so cheap. Going topless is a blast, but make sure you have leather, because I never have the extra set of hands to remove my hardtop! Parking and handling are great, even on the street ... it temps you to turn corner like a coupe!
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage, ride quality, vibration, rust, tires! My Jeep vibrates excessively and the steering wheel shakes even if it's aligned right. My stock tires hydroplane anywhere above 45mph, so tell your dealer you won't settle for anything less than the biggest, best tires! They'll give em to you!